Echoplex Drum Machine

Page:  1 2 >

10/16/08 1:23 PM

I'm just curious if anybody knows what the drum machine used on "echoplex" is called? I've never seen anything like it before and want to check it out myself, but i can't find the name......If you don't know what i'm talking about just watch the dvd that comes with the physical copy of The Slip

10/16/08 1:25 PM

This should be in the Audio Gear and Software forum I guess, and it's lemur (midi controler).

10/16/08 1:26 PM

thanks alot!

10/16/08 1:43 PM

You're welcome :] I masturbate to this picture :[
http://newecho.typepad.com/blog/WindowsLiveWriter/image_18.png

10/16/08 3:10 PM

From what I've been told by a few musicians the one used in the live version of Echoplex is about $6000... although there are cheaper models/alternatives on the market.

10/16/08 3:53 PM

Brad_Groux posted:
From what I've been told by a few musicians the one used in the live version of Echoplex is about $6000... although there are cheaper models/alternatives on the market.

Here is a free one

[bipolardesign.tk]

But don't ask me about it, i freaking pissed it doesn t work for Mac

10/16/08 5:47 PM

daalbarizer posted:
You're welcome :] I masturbate to this picture :[
http://newecho.typepad.com/blog/WindowsLiveWriter/image_18.png

Your not the only one ;p

10/17/08 5:15 AM

[bipolardesign.tk]
check out the drum simulator on this site, the guy deserves all our praise

10/17/08 4:32 AM

without_the_underscore posted:
check out the drum simulator on this site

Is there a Mac version?

10/17/08 6:09 AM

Dunno theres a thread at

echoingthsound.org

10/30/08 4:19 PM

It's a JazzMutant Lemur. I think its like $3000. There's another one like this also by JazzMuatnt called Dexter and I believe that one is $4000.

11/11/08 9:44 PM

http://bipolardesign.tk/

Yay! Free advertising!

11/12/08 2:40 AM

Hey mike fancy turning your hand to a 'tap tap' project we can all enjoy?
There are a lot of none ipod touch/iphone owners in desperate need of your expertise

11/16/08 5:11 AM

Hey mike fancy turning your hand to a 'tap tap' project we can all enjoy?
There are a lot of none ipod touch/iphone owners in desperate need of your expertise

I second this notion.

11/19/08 6:53 PM

garg... music games like that are a pain in the ass to make... so prolly no. I am however planning a new game based on Ghosts and The Slip. Look forward to it... and spread the word throughout this forum and Echoing The Sound's forum... 'cause I'm lazy... and I like to type "..." cause it makes it easy to not finish senten...

12/02/08 2:22 AM

OMG

This drum machine is EPIC

If only my copy of Vista would stop being gay...

12/02/08 12:28 PM

Teh_Gurumeister posted:
OMG

This drum machine is EPIC

If only my copy of Vista would stop being gay...

Tisk! Tisk!
[www.thinkb4youspeak.com]

bahaaha

12/03/08 9:34 AM

this is like the coolest thing i've ever downloaded!

12/03/08 12:00 PM

bipolarmike posted:
garg... music games like that are a pain in the ass to make... so prolly no. I am however planning a new game based on Ghosts and The Slip. Look forward to it... and spread the word throughout this forum and Echoing The Sound's forum... 'cause I'm lazy... and I like to type "..." cause it makes it easy to not finish senten...

Sorry to be off-topic, but *anxiously awaits Ghosts game*

12/03/08 5:30 PM

mustacheman posted:

this is like the coolest thing i've ever downloaded!

are there extra sounds that can be downloaded for it?

never mind.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/03/2008 06:28PM by mustacheman.

12/16/08 6:41 PM

Is the lemur the thing that the guys are playing during Vessel etc? Trent leaned forward a few times with it when I saw them, and I was gawking at the screen. Those things are insane!

12/17/08 2:40 PM

bipolarmike posted:

Yay! Free advertising!
Please make a Mac version. PLEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!!

12/23/08 11:57 AM

^^^ I can't. Sorry! Don't have a Mac myself, and I have no idea how to program for a Mac.

I am TOTALLY for anyone who wants to make a mac version themselves though! I will even host it on my website if you like!

01/17/09 11:10 AM

bipolarmike,

Thanks very much for the drum machine. Lovinging it. I may actually use that in a song at some point (with my own samples of course) as long as you don't have any objections.

Oh and you can get it working on a mac by installing Windows with boot camp or using a virtual machine (just ideas, don't lynch me)

01/17/09 7:38 PM

bipolarmike, I hate you for creating this. Now I have absolutely NO free time left. So, you know, thanks for that.

I love you.

02/11/09 10:23 PM

The Drum Machine used in Reason 3 appears very similar to what the LITS on-stage interactive light machine.

02/18/09 10:19 PM

In my own experiences with the Lemur I found that it was rather lacking. The only real difference between the lemur and other interface hardware is that it glows. It can do some neat stuff I suppose (bouncing balls on screen etc) but there are limits. I prefer to build my own hardware anyways: Cody's Toybox

07/20/09 2:25 PM

I am currently located in Turkey and I can't seem to go on [bipolardesign.tk] ... I would really love to download the program, so could anyone help me out?

thanks.

07/20/09 4:15 PM

Im in the same boat as Doruk, however Im in the UK.

Has the site been taken down or something?

07/21/09 8:14 AM

Hey guys
I'm pretty sure the drum machine use in Echoplex is a Vermona DRM MKI or (MKII, not sure when TR got his).
It's all analog and it sounds incredible. You can see it in most pictures of TR in studio.

nin forums : The Slip : Echoplex Drum Machine
Page:  1 2 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy