The Tea Party Assholes Mock Parksinsons Victim

03/19/10 12:31 PM

Tea Partiers Mock and Scorn Apparent Parksinsons Victim

I know this argument has been going on for a while, whether or not the pricks caught on camera are generalizable to the movement as a whole, and I think we'd all like to believe most of the Tea Party protesters are decent people. However, it seems every time they throw a shindig there's some asshole with a racist poster, some thick fuck making fanatical allusions to the Second Coming, or just some cruel rednecks mocking a man with a TERMINAL FUCKING ILLNESS.

The more I see, the more I'm inclined to believe the Teabaggers are, in fact, pricks. If it were just a few examples of some rotten apples causing a scene, I could look the other way. But in this video, there are a few people mocking a man, while the rest of them stand around and let the pricks get away with it. One must conclude that they are either 1) in their silence tacitly agreeing with their fellows' treatment of this individual, or 2) too fucking pussy to do anything about it.

This was a bit rantier than my usual commentary, but this video made me fucking sick.

03/19/10 12:50 PM

I had to watch it twice. The first time, I was distracted by the guy with the newborn. Why would anyone take a baby to a protest? Great place to expose a baby to yelling, and who knows what else?

I'm reading the comments on youtube, and they're all over the place. I do like this one though.

"peakman2006 (1 hour ago)

BTW - The man sitting down is named Bob, he has a Ph D. in nuclear physics, and worked all his life until Parkinsons disease (yes, Parkinsons) left him disabled and unable to work. His Health insurance company dropped him. He's now on medicare.

Think about that while thinking about who these tea-party people are and? what they stand for."

03/19/10 1:02 PM

Good lord. What kills me is that these so-called Christians completely missed the point of Jesus' teachings, i.e. What you did for the least of my brethren, you did for me. And these assholes think they're going to Heaven! I'd love to see their faces when they find themselves thrown into the fiery pits of Hell for all eternity.*

*Disclaimer: I don't actually believe in Heaven and Hell.

03/19/10 1:17 PM

What idiots. I honestly think I would have punched one of them in the face, such behavior is absolutely disgusting.

As angry as seeing this video made me though, what annoyed me even more was watching Chris Matthews argue about it with the president of Americans for Prosperity, the organization that sponsored the rally. He (literally, with a big white circle) highlighted the fact that the protester throwing dollar bills at the guy with Parkinsons was holding an AFP sign and immediately used it to attack the organization as a whole. He the went even further to use AFP to badmouth the entire Republican party, because AFP obviously tells them exactly what to do.

Also, the same group that posted the video interviewed the guy. The title of the video literally refers to him as a "Hero". Now, I agree that dealing with Parkinsons takes a lot of willpower and bravery, but getting heckled at a rally doesn't make you a hero or a martyr. It's just a way of using this poor guy as a tool to promote their view.

I'm really sick of how manipulative all of the arguing is getting. I swear, seeing shit like that makes me think MSNBC is turning into a liberal version of Fox.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/19/2010 01:20PM by Imaginary_Kevin.

03/19/10 1:28 PM

Do you expect to see intelligent people at these rallies?
http://ktar.net/blogs/dankarlo/wp-content/uploads/teapartypic.jpg
http://i2.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/POLITICS/07/04/tea.party/art.tea.party.cnn.jpg

[images.google.com]
On Sunday night, Dr. David McKalip forwarded to fellow members of a Google listserv affiliated with the Tea Party movement the image below. Above it, he wrote: "Funny stuff."
http://www.talkingpointsmemo.com/images/obama-witchdoctor-muck.jpg
http://thinkprogress.org/wp-content/uploads/2009/12/teabaggers.jpg
http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/10/24/tl_headlines_tea_party.jpg

03/19/10 1:32 PM

m0nster posted:

I'm reading the comments on youtube, and they're all over the place.

Then there's the guy who claimed Parkinson's is a "completely avoidable" disease caused by drug use. I assumed at first he was being sarcastic, but his other comments proved me wrong.

03/19/10 2:00 PM

I'm trying to read what the sign says. So far I've got,

"Got Parkinson's
I DO and YOU might
Thanks for helping"

I can't tell what the last line says.

03/19/10 7:27 PM

Apparently, the business-casual douchebag who started throwing dollars at the poor guy was in the employ of a special interest group partly responsible for organizing the protest. I hate to give kudos to Chris Matthews, but I nearly creamed my pants when I heard him berate one of this organization's execs for letting a guy like that into their ranks.

Link

03/20/10 12:08 AM

Hitler had the right idea he was just using genocide on the wrong people.

03/20/10 1:22 AM

Genocide is never "the right idea"!

03/20/10 1:25 AM

PeedroPaula posted:
Genocide is never "the right idea"!

I don't mean it literally.

03/20/10 9:32 AM

Anyone going to Sean Hannity's freedom concerts?
[freedomconcerts.com]

Looks like its a scam:
[www.debbieschlussel.com]

03/20/10 1:19 PM

RhettButler posted:
Anyone going to Sean Hannity's freedom concerts?
[freedomconcerts.com]

Looks like its a scam:
[www.debbieschlussel.com]

I read about that last night. $10 million raised, less than $400,000 actually given to veteran's families. All the while, Hannity flies around the country in a private jet, on all the organization's dollar.

I guess I'd be outraged if it surprised me, but really, I that comes to mind is "it's about time he slipped up."

03/20/10 3:02 PM

There was a New York Times article about the Tea Baggers. It was funny (in a somewhat depressing way) because everyone interviewed confessed to knowing dick about government. They would say "I dont know anything about government", or chapter leaders saying "Ive never been active in government before", or even "I failed government in High School", etc etc. They're a politically active group with radical ideas and their education consists of watching youtube documentaries.

Most of these people became involved in the movement after a son, daughter, or spouse became laid off in the economic depression. It is incredibly ironic they hate the bailouts and the Fed in general. As disgusting as it is to say, if Lehman Brothers was bailed out (and proper regulation enacted) the economy never would have collapsed. It is more government intervention that is needed, not less.

03/20/10 5:26 PM

It'll be amusing when the guy throwing the bills needs a $500 000 operation but can't afford it cause he didn't work hard enough.

Should've earned it fuckface!

03/20/10 9:11 PM

voices1 posted:

Godwin's Law! You forfeit your argument.

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/4592/original/GodwinsLaw.jpg

(Wow, I didn't think someone would invoke it so quickly!)

03/20/10 11:06 PM

leo3375 posted:
voices1 posted:

Godwin's Law! You forfeit your argument.

http://cdn3.knowyourmeme.com/i/4592/original/GodwinsLaw.jpg

(Wow, I didn't think someone would invoke it so quickly!)

that kitty is adorable!(it sickens me when people use animals for political agendas)

03/21/10 11:49 AM

03/21/10 1:02 PM

ginola posted:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/03/20/tea-party-protests-nier-f_n_507116.html

I wonder how long it will take for this movement to self-destruct. Part of me kind of hopes that if their behavior escalates the more reasonable-minded people will distance themselves from the idiocy.

03/21/10 4:44 PM

It has. trust me in the long run its bad for the Republican party. Its splintering into the hardcore and the sensible. The only reason Republicans are due to gain in the midterms is because they have a common enemy. And because our country is still stuck in a duopoly.

03/21/10 4:53 PM

Don't forget the fact that Dems are expert at snatching defeat from the jaws of victory!

04/01/10 4:07 AM

i'll just leave this here as a shining beacon of their collective intelligence.

TEABONICS.

04/01/10 10:41 AM

Kid IRA1 posted:
It has. trust me in the long run its bad for the Republican party. Its splintering into the hardcore and the sensible. The only reason Republicans are due to gain in the midterms is because they have a common enemy. And because our country is still stuck in a duopoly.

Historically, Americans prefer a divided government. If one party controls the legislature and the presidency, midterm blues are almost a given. The Republicans would have to fuck up pretty bad to lose congress this year.

UNLESS:

The teabaggers formally split from the Republicans to create a third party, in which case they will divide the conservative vote and the Democrats will win.

note: this is why we'll never have a viable third party in this country.

04/01/10 1:14 PM

That's my cat!

04/01/10 9:26 PM

Riktor posted:
The teabaggers formally split from the Republicans to create a third party, in which case they will divide the conservative vote and the Democrats will win.

I think the whole method of voting with a 3rd party could be corrected if they simply ranked the votes. In popular votes anyway which don't seem to matter, but yeah vote 1. whoever 2. Independent 3. whoever.... 1. 15 points 2. 10 points 3. 5 points. Then it wouldn't cause a split vote.

04/02/10 1:25 AM

CyDs84 posted:
Riktor posted:

I think the whole method of voting with a 3rd party could be corrected if they simply ranked the votes. In popular votes anyway which don't seem to matter, but yeah vote 1. whoever 2. Independent 3. whoever.... 1. 15 points 2. 10 points 3. 5 points. Then it wouldn't cause a split vote.

Yes, our "winner takes all" electoral system is precisely why we can't have more than two parties on a national scale. In order to allow a more diverse selection of parties, we'd need to alter our election system to something more along the lines of proportional representation or order of preference voting.

nin forums : Current Events & Politics : The Tea Party Assholes Mock...
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy