U.S. gearing up for something HUGE?

Page:  1 2 3 4 >

09/30/08 12:45 PM

Something is happening.
And it will hit the fan SOON.

Our government is getting ready.
Not just for a crash in the U.S. economy and the recent rejection of the bail-out, but on a grander scale.

What I am hearing is that by the end of next week, people will be LIVID about something. And the rage will continue for a long time.
And if people seem to drop off of the face of the earth starting tomorrow, you may want to make plans.
Stock up, get right with your soul, whatever you need to do, 'cause it's not going to be pretty.

Put the pieces together:

Example:
What would happen if they decided to postpone the U.S. election - who could make such a decision?
Thanks to the National Security and Homeland Security Presidential Directive, signed into effect last year, Bush can, in the event of a "catastrophic emergency".

"Such an emergency is construed as "any incident, regardless of location, that results in extraordinary levels of mass casualties, damage, or disruption severely affecting the U.S. population, infrastructure, environment, ECONOMY, or government functions."
[en.wikipedia.org]

Why do we suddenly need half a million plastic coffins in Georgia?
(+ videos on youtube)
[www.infowars.com]

Somebody tell me why do we need portable prison cells in Utah?
[cafr1.com]

Shortly after 9/11, Bush issued "Military Order Number One", which empowered him to detain any non-citizen as an international terrorist or enemy combatant.
Today that order extends to U.S. citizens as well.
[www.libertyforlife.com]

Why was the army deployed TODAY on U.S. soil?
(Isn't it the national guard's duty to protect the homeland?)
"Helping ‘people at home’ may become a permanent part of the active Army..."
[www.armytimes.com]

Coincidentally, they are stationed in Georgia, same state as where the plastic coffins are kept at FEMA facilities.

Why did the Securities and Exchange Commission and the British FSA place a hold on “short selling” for the first time in 799 financial institutions until October 2, 2008? (Britain followed suit as well.)
[www.homelandsecurityus.com]

And to top it all off: A WWIII-style multi-national military training exercise begins next Monday in the UK. Sure, they often have multi-national training exercises, but you have to admit the timing is impeccable.

"FIGHTER jets, infantry troops, destroyers and submarines will converge on Wales next month for one of the largest military exercises of all time.

The two-week exercise – codenamed Joint Warrior – is designed to recreate a scenario in which Britain and other sovereign nations go to war against a “state-sponsored terrorist movement” – using a vast array of lethal modern weapons.

Taking place between October 6 and October 16, it will provide coordinated training for all three UK Armed Services, plus forces from EIGHT allied nations."

[www.walesonline.co.uk] [www.yourindustrynews.com]
[www.globalsecurity.org]

Ask questions.
Demand answers.
Pay f**king attention...

BTW- Don't think that Obama can save you.
I have nothing against him, but he will be inheriting something larger than the U.S. itself to contend with, and NO U.S. President will be able to fix something on that large of a scale (global) within one or even two terms.

What will happen is that history will record that the first African-American president couldn't save us, ensuring that we never again make the "mistake" of electing another black man.
If Hillary bumps Biden on the VP ticket, it might curb the finger-pointing, or the same could go for women in the White House as well. I kind of doubt it, since she's in deep with the corporate Walmart folks, etc. Who knows? She was a corporate lawyer, so no matter what happens, I know she's not looking out for ME, regardless.

Nobody will blame the next president for the fallout of the current administration, but they sure as hell will expect them to magically fix it, especially if we feel it on a larger scale than at the gas pumps.

This is assuming that we actually have elections again in the U.S.

I hope I'm so wrong.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 12:49PM by joyjam.

09/30/08 1:29 PM

I hope this does come to pass. As awful as that sounds, sometimes our hands must be forced.

In other words:
We need to get on with it, I'm tired of the foreplay, being used abused and surrounded by a willfully ignorant and apathetic public who take the devaluation of their lives in stride every minute of everyday. The system has been coming apart at the seams for decades now and it is high time that the rancid sack bursts open.

We deserve it and we NEED it to happen, to wake us up, to really topple the temples over, etc.

Let's start punching instead of praying...
Sadly, I'm sure even if something along those lines did occur it would be transitory and we'd just as soon be back in even worse shape than we are now, our somnambulism intensified, even more of our civil liberties stripped away in the guise of protection and the masses blindly accommodating.

09/30/08 2:58 PM

Dude, don't freak me out like this. sad smiley

09/30/08 4:44 PM

Interesting 'first post'. Interesting that you leave no background info on your profile. You sign up today (and yet your profile states member since 12/31/69?), come here and post 1 message trying to scare people. To be honest, you had me for a minute. Nice one!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 03:46PM by Barlow43933.

09/30/08 3:48 PM

This guys first post is serious business.

09/30/08 4:13 PM

conspiracy theorists unite!

09/30/08 5:17 PM

Thank Yah for you! Thank you for putting this into words with so many resources. I take this very seriously. Unfortunately, I believe that this is very true. There are too many signs that show that this is happening.

09/30/08 4:25 PM

To-morrow, and to-morrow, and to-morrow,
Creeps in this petty pace from day to day
To the last syllable of recorded time,
And all our yesterdays have lighted fools
The way to dusty death. Out, out, brief candle!
Life's but a walking shadow, a poor player
That struts and frets his hour upon the stage
And then is heard no more: it is a tale
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

09/30/08 5:26 PM

ser_hag posted:
conspiracy theorists unite!

NOOO! Getting them all in the same place at the same time is just what the Illuminati/Jews/Government/New World Order want!

09/30/08 5:37 PM

Don't forget the Nazi's!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 04:37PM by Barlow43933.

09/30/08 4:48 PM

joyjam posted:

The two-week exercise – codenamed Joint Warrior – is designed to recreate a scenario in which Britain and other sovereign nations go to war against a “state-sponsored terrorist movement” – using a vast array of lethal modern weapons.

Taking place between October 6 and October 16, it will provide coordinated training for all three UK Armed Services, plus forces from EIGHT allied nations."

Don't know about the rest of this guys post, though I can take a guess, but as someone living in Britain I think I can safely bury this one.

Apart from anything else, due to Afghanistan and Iraq, our troop level in Britain is one soldier left behind to guard the Palace.

Is this guy for real, or just taking the piss? An entertaining, if slightly deranged rant.

09/30/08 5:53 PM

joyjam posted:
Something is happening.
And it will hit the fan SOON.

Sounds like a regular day on Planet Earth to me. There are catastrophes going on all over, and frequently in the US as well.

I can only see the US elections being postponed if, say, the Federal Reserve tanked, and the area responsible for distributing cash to banks ceased to operate, along with several more large US banks failing. Society would necessarily grind to a halt. I don't think the elections would even be a concern to anyone if you can't even get money to feed yourself or access you paycheck.

Even if nothing huge happens, all the next president is going to spend their time doing is trying to clean up the pile of shit left behind by the current administration. There won't be money for anything else no matter what they promise in their platforms, and you can be sure taxes are going to go up.

I'm just watching and waiting. It's never a boring day in politics and world events. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 05:54PM by pragmatica.

09/30/08 6:59 PM

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 08:00PM by Melancholygrl78.

09/30/08 9:16 PM

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones."- Albert Einstein

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 09:18PM by Morbidpetal.

09/30/08 10:46 PM

^ good quote

What will happen on U.S. soil sooner or later will be another civil war. I certainly predict that sooner than later. No fancy internet links or conspiracy theories necessary. It will happen.

09/30/08 9:50 PM

There isnt enough tinfoil in the world to make a hat for the op

09/30/08 10:01 PM

fear doesn't work anymore - well at least on me. Bush overused it.

09/30/08 11:10 PM

http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/25/tinfoil_db52b2f10e7fa983f0f9d799a20.jpg

09/30/08 10:16 PM

^ LOFL smemily - you're hilarious! the finger smiley

09/30/08 10:17 PM

smemily posted:
http://blog.wired.com/photos/uncategorized/2008/03/25/tinfoil_db52b2f10e7fa983f0f9d799a20.jpg

OMG!!! Thats GENIUS!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/30/2008 10:18PM by chrisgonzo.

09/30/08 10:38 PM

neverworship. Is that you? smiling smiley

09/30/08 11:07 PM

Is it just me or is the US government the absolute worst at keeping secrets? You can't spend two minutes on the internet tube thingers without some high school kid uncovering a plot to overthrow this or cover up that. Or maybe there are just way too many tin foil hatters out there, 50/50 chance I guess.

10/01/08 7:50 AM

I have the strangest feeling that the person who started this thread is one of the band members fucking with us. Maybe setting up something along the lines of "Year Zero". It seems rather obvious. I'm probably wrong... but I had to say it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 07:53AM by WeepingRaven.

10/01/08 10:59 AM

pragmatica posted:
Society would necessarily grind to a halt. I don't think the elections would even be a concern to anyone if you can't even get money to feed yourself or access you paycheck.

I disagree. I think the lack of money, and the stress of everything that would come along, will make people even more upset at the least popular President in American History. I for one will not stand for any Executive Order allowing for this horrible man to continue to destroy this country!

10/01/08 11:05 AM

Melancholygrl78 posted:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2fjxaRLpQo

[www.youtube.com]

[www.youtube.com]

10/01/08 10:19 AM

Intersting how the most liberal types who want the government to provide "free" health care are the first people to assume there are evil government conspiracies meant to bring about the apocalypse. (And these conspiracies are regarded with eager anticipation.)

I'm not worried. Due to rights afforded me by the second amendment, I'm armed and due to capitalism, I've purchases supplies. I fear no gov't conspiracy. If congress can't vote on a bailout because the speaker hurted their emoshunz, I don't put too much stock in super secret organizations designed to take over the world.

If you're truly concerned, stop being sheep.

*sits back and waits for typical CE shitstorm*

10/01/08 11:26 AM

Silly rabbit, world-ending scenarios are for 2012.

10/01/08 11:34 AM

Apolutrosis posted:
Silly rabbit, world-ending scenarios are for 2012.

I don't think anyone thinks this is the end... rather the Beginning of the End.

10/01/08 10:37 AM

Well, if this (whatever "this" happens to be seeing as it all seems, typically, rather vague) does come to pass, at least I can take comfort in one thing... The first thing they'll do is cut off your interwebs and telephones. So I won't have to listen to you saying "I told you so".

Unfortunately, if America went down, I'd lose my interweb too. I'm not sure I can live without Icanhazcheezburger anymore.

10/01/08 10:40 AM

Barlow***** posted:
Beginning of the End.

That's just unbearably cheesey. I believe it should be the case that, like Godwin's law, if you quote NIN song titles or lyrics in support of any argument, you automatically lose the argument.

Hence, I call Reductio ad Reznorum.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 10:41AM by Snarkypuss.

nin forums : Current Events & Politics : U.S. gearing up for somethi...
Page:  1 2 3 4 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy