NIN-inspired wallpapers

08/15/09 11:38 AM

I got into the band sometime around April or May and it's influenced my work quite a bit. Here's some stuff inspired by some of their best work.

[leodime.deviantart.com]
The Way Out is Through
[leodime.deviantart.com]
The Downward Spiral

Definitely worth a look. Feel free to give some feedback.

08/15/09 12:09 PM

hhmm.. I don't know.. I mean- technical, these pictures are excellent and everything.. but they just don't fit the songs.. they're "clean" and perfect.. while the way out is through and the downward spiral are both.. kind of broken and fragile..

08/15/09 12:24 PM

imacgyver posted:
hhmm.. I don't know.. I mean- technical, these pictures are excellent and everything.. but they just don't fit the songs.. they're "clean" and perfect.. while the way out is through and the downward spiral are both.. kind of broken and fragile..

I totally get where you're coming from. I'm glad you think they're nice.

08/16/09 3:01 AM

I like the second one.. the gray blurriness of it

08/24/09 11:54 PM

HERE'S MINE! 1280x1024
I tried to put visually what came to mind during just one of the songs I was listening to. After an hour of failing, I crapped this out, but I was kind of tickled with it. SO WHATEVA! grinning smiley

08/24/09 11:56 PM

And yes, your wallpapers have a nice quality about them, as if it were glossy and polished. I like the first one, though I think the second one more sticks with the mood of the album, I'd say. (:

08/27/09 2:52 PM

Although nice Leodime I suggest you use a camera and not a point and shoot use a real DSLR, I prefer Nikons because canon has slow firmware and questionable lens quality. NIN Artwork is best with Photography and Photoshop combined. For example you should find some old abandoned farms in the country side with rotting wood and rusted machinery. The key to replicating NIN is to have very experimental focus as if you were smoking pot(blurry but not like motion blur).I prefer to use a very low aperture such as F1.8 to achieve a bokeh effect which is literally a light source that is so out of focus it makes a bubble like shape. Take notice to the background it gives a very numbing ambient effect. [www.flickr.com]

Here are my 2 pieces for The Downward Spiral and Right Where It Belongs. I seriously need to update my account and start taking pictures again.

[www.flickr.com]

[www.flickr.com]

Oh by the way you wouldn't be the same Leodime from Ustream? Didn't you used to chat in Zoulkyud's stream?

09/08/09 3:25 PM

necrosian posted:
Although nice Leodime I suggest you use a camera and not a point and shoot use a real DSLR, I prefer Nikons because canon has slow firmware and questionable lens quality. NIN Artwork is best with Photography and Photoshop combined. For example you should find some old abandoned farms in the country side with rotting wood and rusted machinery. The key to replicating NIN is to have very experimental focus as if you were smoking pot(blurry but not like motion blur).I prefer to use a very low aperture such as F1.8 to achieve a bokeh effect which is literally a light source that is so out of focus it makes a bubble like shape. Take notice to the background it gives a very numbing ambient effect. [www.flickr.com]

Here are my 2 pieces for The Downward Spiral and Right Where It Belongs. I seriously need to update my account and start taking pictures again.

[www.flickr.com]

[www.flickr.com]

Oh by the way you wouldn't be the same Leodime from Ustream? Didn't you used to chat in Zoulkyud's stream?

Oh yeah, I am. I go to his stream all the time. Not sure if I've seen you there?

Oh and yeah, I do want to get myself a good DSLR. I'd take pictures a lot if I had one, so much interesting things to snap, edit, abstract-ify.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/08/2009 03:48PM by Leodime.

09/11/09 1:56 AM

Leodime posted:
necrosian posted:

[www.flickr.com]

[www.flickr.com]

Oh yeah, I am. I go to his stream all the time. Not sure if I've seen you there?

Oh and yeah, I do want to get myself a good DSLR. I'd take pictures a lot if I had one, so much interesting things to snap, edit, abstract-ify.

HA! I knew it! My nick was Necros, remember I would get high and get on skype? This was like last year before he left. I think i still have that screenshot you took and "edited" and I sent it to gareth while he was screencasting! XD
When does he stream now? I've been bored out of my mind lately.
Anyways I would buy a Nikon d40 with a 50mm prime lens and a 16 gb SDHC card. Shoot EVERYTHING in RAW and use Aperture it has the best color engine. Actually anything that uses Mac OS X's Core Image and Color Sync is the way to go. I know you like Ubuntu and all but it can't match anything that Apple built in it's frameworks. I used these tools for a year and ended up running the mac lab. You should also learn Quartz Composer especially when used with Pixelmator it has some awesome quartz effects and acceleration. Yeah Kost was right there is no other substitute.

09/19/09 5:09 PM

necrosian posted:
Leodime posted:
necrosian posted:

[www.flickr.com]

[www.flickr.com]

HA! I knew it! My nick was Necros, remember I would get high and get on skype? This was like last year before he left. I think i still have that screenshot you took and "edited" and I sent it to gareth while he was screencasting! XD
When does he stream now? I've been bored out of my mind lately.
Anyways I would buy a Nikon d40 with a 50mm prime lens and a 16 gb SDHC card. Shoot EVERYTHING in RAW and use Aperture it has the best color engine. Actually anything that uses Mac OS X's Core Image and Color Sync is the way to go. I know you like Ubuntu and all but it can't match anything that Apple built in it's frameworks. I used these tools for a year and ended up running the mac lab. You should also learn Quartz Composer especially when used with Pixelmator it has some awesome quartz effects and acceleration. Yeah Kost was right there is no other substitute.

LOL it's been a while! I don't even use Ubuntu anymore. It didn't have a native version of Photoshop, which is mainly what pulled me back to Windows. I do want to start using Linux again, but it just doesn't have a place in my working life anymore.

Zoul started making a lot of new videos too. He's been on a roll lately. Like a new video a night sometimes. As for streaming, he doesn't really have a schedule. But then again, he never did. Hah! Add him on AIM or MSN, he'll let you know when he does decide to stream. He's got a twitter too, just look him up.

nin forums : Artwork & Multimedia : NIN-inspired wallpapers
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy