The NINRocksMySocks appreciation thread

Page: <  First... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 >

11/01/12 9:10 AM

NIN_rocksmysocks posted:
"Yeah, you had a rebound. Sure, it can be fun for a while, but when you're done, you're only thinking about the girl you really like. The one who broke your heart."
What's that from?

11/01/12 4:55 PM

...Silly as it is, from The Office. Jim says it.

Can't help but feel like I'm going through the same damn thing...

(Except with two dudes, of course, seeing as I've yet to find a girl I'd like to date.)

11/04/12 8:08 AM

Ah, no wonder I don't recognize it eye rolling smiley

Well I certainly hope you find better luck in the future than you've had in the past. Now if you'd just come here, then it would solve both our problems! grinning smiley

So how did your family react to your news?

11/04/12 9:47 AM

Oooh..which news?

11/04/12 12:29 PM

About you wanting to go to to France to teach English to sexy French boys tongue sticking out smiley

11/08/12 5:12 PM

Haha! I think she knows I'm not 100% fulfilled in my current job (though, now that I'm running the Starbucks on my own, I'm a lot happier), and is supportive of what WILL enable me to feel fulfilled. smiling smiley

----------------------------------

Also.

Ice Age.

Fuck yes.

11/11/12 3:31 PM

Eve 6 tonight!! Everclear too. But really...Eve 6!!

11/11/12 8:58 PM

Ice Age.
yes yes I like where this is going.
I'm praying for another one, it's so frickin' hot these days. smiling smiley

I hope that we'll have another Little Ice Age. Although it wasn't a "real" Ice Age, it lasted from 1550 to 1850.

I just want to wear my winter coat everyday for the rest of my life.grinning smiley

Kids this has been your history lesson for the day. You're welcome!

11/12/12 9:37 AM

Every day is a school day!

So did you enjoy the concert, Panda?

11/12/12 8:21 PM

I did! Everclear was actually extremely impressive, and a ton of fun! Eve 6 was, of course, great too. I've wanted to see them for years. grinning smiley AND! I got to meet them, get a CD signed by them, and a pic with them too!! (See FB, or I'll add here later.)

grinning smiley

---------

On a completely separate note...Sometimes you just have to say "Fuck you," and move on. :-\

11/12/12 8:32 PM

I'm glad you had such a good time at the show, but what happened? Did something happen with one of your guys?

11/13/12 11:15 AM

It's all very stupid, really. The guy I'd been dating since August and I broke up a few weeks ago, a few days after I got back from Indiana. Not on bad terms or anything, it just wasn't working. We kept "hanging out," but because our schedules are completely reversed (he goes into work around 2-4pm, gets out at 2:30 or 3am; I go in at 6am and get out by 2 or 3), it was usually just on his lunch break or something. And then when we DID have overlapping time off, we'd hang out, but only before or after he'd see other friends, so our time was super limited. We were finally supposed to hang out last night, but that fell through, long story. Anyway -- trust me when I say it IS more complicated than him just using me, but it still makes me feel like shit, and last night I finally told him so. Whatever.

And, at the same time, I'm having the slightest minor crap with my Navy Guy (yes, still). Apparently he's driving through on his was from Jacksonville up to Washington State (he's moving there), and will stop here for a couple days to see me. The way our talks go the last few months, I really can't tell if he DOES really like me (like I've always been led to believe), and the timing is just all off, or if he's just stringing me along.

I am so sick of being with guys who don't give two shits if they're with me or not.

11/13/12 1:37 PM

I'm sorry that things are still so complicated for you, hun. Now, since I care so much about you, I want you to sit back and really ask yourself if Navy Boy is really good for you after all. I'm sure you've done this already, but I don't want to see you hurt anymore. It breaks my heart to see you keep getting so emotional and upset over what this guy keeps doing to you over and over again. So I just want you to ask yourself if it's worth it.

I just want what's best for you.

11/13/12 4:18 PM

Thanks Prowler. smiling smiley I'm actually not at a point where I'm hurt anymore by Navy Guy, I'm just frustrated, you know? And done waiting. Also done chasing after guys who don't seem to care one way or the other. I HAVE had guys who are crazy after me-- it's just unfortunate that it's not mutual. I'm confident I'll get the timing right eventually, though.

But in the meantime, I'm trying to enjoy myself here in this lovely little ski town. smiling smiley Finally have ski gear! And-- bigger news, my family is coming in a week, for a week!!! So excited I can't even articulate it. smiling smiley

Also...have you (or anyone else) heard of / been to Cherry Creek in Denver? Apparently it's the second wealthiest neighborhood IN THE COUNTRY. I went once over the summer, but just to grab dinner with my cousin. This last Sunday, my roommate Wes and I had to go to Cherry Creek Mall to get my ipod fixed (just got it for xmas last year, battery quit charging about a month ago, but luckily it was still under warranty). I hadn't ever been to an Apple store, btw.

...The point of me bringing up all this is that I haven't realized how much I prefer living far from big cities lol. Walking into that mall (which was full of crazy brands like Burberry and Coach and Juicy Couture and fancy crap I haven't heard of)with SO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE. Anyway, it was overwhelming, lol.

I'll take my tiny mountain any day. smiling smiley

11/13/12 5:47 PM

I like your mountains grinning smiley

But seriously, I hope you have fun with your family smiling smiley I'm sure they miss you just as much as you miss them. I haven't been skiing in a few years, but given the chance I'd love to do it with you. We could zoom down the mountain singing the dirtiest, raunchiest, swearingest NIN lyrics we could think of at the top of our lungs grinning smiley

11/13/12 7:04 PM

Haha! You overestimate my skiing skills, lol.

And yes, my family and I are extremely close. My mom insisted they came to visit for Thanksgiving (in spite of other family members giving her crap, since she hosts it every year for our extended family), because she knows how hard it was for me last year, being so far from my family and working through the holidays, etc. :-\

11/13/12 7:16 PM

http://i543.photobucket.com/albums/gg471/paa_2009/funny-cat-ski.jpg

11/13/12 7:34 PM

Hey there, been a while smiling smiley

Guys suck, don't feel bad. Some girls do too...

I guess people suck.

11/28/12 3:48 PM

Finally submitted some of my poetry to a small, up&coming journal.

*crosses fingers*

ETA: Oh, they responded already...they will be taking a poem of mine for their winter issue. smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/28/2012 05:49PM by NIN_rocksmysocks.

11/29/12 8:22 AM

Congratulations, sweetie! I's so proud of you smiling bouncing smiley

12/18/12 11:40 PM

....NEW LAPTOP FINALLY OMG

...now wtf is windows 8? i am so lost.

12/19/12 8:15 AM

I don't even think the company that made it can completely tell you what it is...

12/19/12 10:43 AM

i don't think so either!!! it's not intuitive at all. but on the bright side, i seem to be able to change settings on some things, to help me out. but it's just...bizarre. i had never used it til i turned on my computer yesterday.

interesting.

12/19/12 2:00 PM

At least you got a new faptop so you can watch dirty movies and come play with us fun people on the NINternets grinning smiley

12/19/12 2:43 PM

This is true. grinning smiley I've a piece of POOP laptop for almost 7 years now. So excited to have something that runs well!!!!

12/19/12 9:08 PM

I'mWe're excited, too. That means that you'll be able to get online more! At least that's what Iwe're hoping will come out of having a new 'pooter smiling smiley

12/20/12 12:28 AM

Windows 8....I might actually know how to use it since it uses the whole "Metro" tiles and menus like the XBox uses. Is it really that hard to navigate?

12/20/12 9:45 PM

The_Prowler posted:
I'mWe're excited, too. That means that you'll be able to get online more! At least that's what Iwe're hoping will come out of having a new 'pooter smiling smiley

Thanks! I might be able to explain in a PM some other reasons I haven't necessarily been around (other than lurking) much lately.

And Ruben... it's not necessarily hard to navigate, it's just a pain in my ass, and the commands are different, and there are "features" that make sense when you would be using your finger and a touchscreen, but not a mouse on a screen. It's not the end of the world, I'm just jarred by it and trying to figure it out. I don't think it's intuitive at all.

12/20/12 11:21 PM

NIN_rocksmysocks posted:
the commands are different, and there are "features" that make sense when you would be using your finger and a touchscreen, but not a mouse on a screen. It's not the end of the world, I'm just jarred by it and trying to figure it out. I don't think it's intuitive at all.
I honestly don't know why all the tech companies are trying to make their desktop OS like a mobile OS. It just throws people off rather than trying to unify computer and phone.

12/21/12 8:30 AM

NIN_rocksmysocks posted:
The_Prowler posted:

Thanks! I might be able to explain in a PM some other reasons I haven't necessarily been around (other than lurking) much lately.
You don't necessarily have to explain why you went away, but if you'd like to my inbox is waiting for you tongue sticking out smiley

It's perfectly understandable that you have things going on in your life that are more important than the NIN forums. I certainly don't hold it against you that you disappear here and there. Besides, absence makes the heart grow fonder, as they say grinning smiley

nin forums : Party Room : The NINRocksMySocks appreci...
Page: <  First... 225 226 227 228 229 230 231 232 233 234 235 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy