remix.nin.com Fan Remix Discussion

Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >

09/14/08 1:11 PM

Survivalist posted:
i know this thread's mostly for discussing your favorite remixes, but what do you guys use to remix songs?

In My Twilight by Soundtweakers is amazing, The Hand That Feeds (Stripped) and the Non-Entity (Version) ones are great too.
ableton, reason, laptop, piece of shit earbuds

09/15/08 4:43 PM

Hey.

I only want to ask if it's possible for remix.nin.com to post the multi-tracks for "Home."

I only have that track on vinyl and it's one of my favorites. I'd love to have the multi-tracks for it.

Trent, if you see this and it's possible.... Would ya? Could ya?

Thanks dude.

09/17/08 7:43 PM

You guys need to check out 'Adrift In A Warm Place' by NINHURT. It's beautiful.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just found a great remix of Lights In The Sky. Look for the 'Lights In The Sky (AK REMIX)'. I may like it a bit better than the original, I like it a lot.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 08:39PM by scott_pawsey.

09/18/08 3:12 PM

I love "In This Twilight (Night Descends Mix) by Choag

09/18/08 6:55 PM

Also, 'Beyond This Twilight' is a GREAT remix of In This Twilight. It's orchestrated and everything, it's awesome.

09/18/08 7:24 PM

scott_pawsey posted:
You guys need to check out 'Adrift In A Warm Place' by NINHURT. It's beautiful.

EDIT: Holy shit, I just found a great remix of Lights In The Sky. Look for the 'Lights In The Sky (AK REMIX)'. I may like it a bit better than the original, I like it a lot.

Scott, thanks for the support, i just read your post that was locked... I really appreciate mate. I have to explain something though... I think its my fault for calling the track "Adrift In A Warm Place", the remix includes only NIN "A Warm Place" with my own elements layered over the original. A few people have said "what a great combination of two great NIN tracks" etc... but i assure you it is simply "A Warm Place", with a few tweaks.

Glad it grabbed you mate, keep listening

NH.

09/19/08 1:54 PM

I have a question about the Remix.

Does it have to be..like songs totally remixed..or can it be...like a cover...as in not done by a band or anything. So hard to explain.

Like say, I wanted to play "Hurt" on my flute and record it, could I upload it to remix.nin and it not get taken down? Or what?

09/19/08 3:23 PM

pandora114 posted:

Does it have to be..like songs totally remixed..or can it be...like a cover...as in not done by a band or anything. So hard to explain.

Like say, I wanted to play "Hurt" on my flute and record it, could I upload it to remix.nin and it not get taken down? Or what?

Covers are permitted - there are many already on the site.

09/19/08 2:48 PM

SwimFin posted:
pandora114 posted:

Covers are permitted - there are many already on the site.

Thanks.

(now to try to transpose it..grrr*

09/19/08 10:54 PM

2tom182 posted:
Destroyer's short coming - Soundtweakers
Adrift in a warm place - NINHurt
In this Twilight (pulse wave mix) - Binary Audio

These are probably my favorite

I'm so glad you like my "Pulse Wave Mix"....many thanks for your support!

http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/radiator/Myspace%20Images/Binary-Audio.png

09/21/08 1:05 PM

Embers is one of my favorite remixers. She has a good voice.

As for me, I only have one remix, but I use Mixcraft 4. Nothing fancy, but it gets the job done.

10/05/08 4:06 AM

I think Survivalism (Mania Hay-Day Mix) is a true hidden gem on the site - Check it out: [remix.nin.com]

10/05/08 5:28 PM

The TweakerRay remix of Zero-Sum is fantastic, check it out.

10/06/08 6:20 AM

scott_pawsey posted:

yep ! do it ! :-D And please rate !!! "You have a voice !!! now USE it !!!"

Thanks a lot

Greets TweakerRay

10/08/08 3:56 AM

Oh yeah, check out my remixes - I wouldn't mind some more comments and ratings! smiling smiley

10/09/08 7:10 PM

MDP posted:
I think Survivalism (Mania Hay-Day Mix) is a true hidden gem on the site - Check it out: [remix.nin.com]
Yes. It's very different from the huge cluster of Survivalism remixes on the site. It has a special place on my iPod. smiling smiley

10/11/08 12:49 PM

TweakerRay posted:
scott_pawsey posted:

Thanks a lot

Greets TweakerRay
By the way, where did it go? I downloaded it so I have it, but when I went to show my friend it I couldn't find it anymore. (I sent it to him anyways) Did you take it off?

10/12/08 2:54 AM

TweakerRay posted:
TweakerRay is, ofcourse, great musician :] Check out all his remixes, they all kick ass (I like the 'Burn - You stupid bitch' mix most)

10/12/08 5:04 AM

Survivalist posted:
what do you guys use to remix songs?

Apple Mac Powerbook, running Reason for mix construction and Peak for audio sampling, editing etc.

Deliberate's "Hyperpower! (©-clear version)" has been on the remix site for a while, but this isn't the proper version of our mix. The copyright notices implied that mixes with external samples wouldn't be accepted, so I took them off, but the mix is far better with them. Check it out via the link below. As the credit on various albums by The Cure used to say, "This music has been mixed to be played loud, so turn it up".

Hyperpower! (war on terra mix)

Responses appreciated.

10/14/08 2:56 AM

scott_pawsey posted:
TweakerRay posted:
scott_pawsey posted:

Thanks a lot

Greets TweakerRay
By the way, where did it go? I downloaded it so I have it, but when I went to show my friend it I couldn't find it anymore. (I sent it to him anyways) Did you take it off?

They are both still on my profile:

Zero Sum RMX V2.0
Zero Sum RMX (TweakerRay RMX V1)

Check them out cool smiley

11/10/08 4:59 AM

the remixes of THE_DIGITAL_PRINCESS

i do not listen as much as a want to remixes, but i think from the ones i have heard so far, hers are great, i like the composition and timing

11/11/08 7:25 AM

All I can say - great project from great musician.
And the site team works really fast with approving the uploads.
But I think it is time to work on interface, maybe fresh design, may be some new features, and what really important - integration with nin.com .

11/11/08 4:33 PM

TweakerRay - your stuff is amazing. I heard a lot of it last night, it definitely stands out.

I've also been listening to 2tom182's stuff, it's very good. Also, the defy mix of survivalism is an older one that I can remember.

I've got some mixes up there too, if you guys would like to check them out. I listen to a lot of metal, so that definitely comes through on my mixes.

11/13/08 4:47 PM

tml605 posted:
All I can say - great project from great musician.
And the site team works really fast with approving the uploads.
But I think it is time to work on interface, maybe fresh design, may be some new features, and what really important - integration with nin.com .

I totally agree with this... there are many features that could be added. Id love to see some more statistic based features, for example an "average user rating" for each artist, maybe the ability to add individual artists to a "watch this artist" section.

Anyway, TweakerRay, mate I have to say your recent work has been nothing less than amazing. Truely inspirational stuff my man.

NH.

11/14/08 3:44 AM

Remix.nin.com rules !!! This place is just awesome... I've enjoying it so much. And its so cool that many people enjoy this also... I've heared a lot cool remixes here
which also inspired me.

@ NINHURT: Thanks pal. I've tried to do my best ;-D

Greets TweakerRay

12/01/08 2:48 PM

I love listening to all of your remixes, I am not creative enough to come up with any on my own lol. I count on all of you for your awesome takes on trent's songs.

For some reason all of a sudden today I am not able to download any to keep. Every time I try it goes blank. It worked just a few days ago. Oh well.

12/08/08 7:54 PM

Love the stuff from TweakerRay and Binary Audio.

Remember his (from TweakerRay) Vessel (polite) mix... One of the first remix in the site eheh...

Oh, nobody likes mine? Great...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/08/2008 07:59PM by WSE.

12/13/08 11:26 AM

Love listening to the remixes!!... Question.. if anybody could help... I want to leave comments.. but everytime I log in it says Im logged in successfully but I cant leave a comment!!confused smiley Do I need a different password, (and or profile?) on the remix board? thanx -B

12/13/08 5:31 PM

I uploaded a remix a few days ago. As of last night, it had been played 75 times with no ratings. I'm wondering if it sucks that bad or if there's a problem with the system. (I'm just a fan with no musical training, so the sucking part is probably it.)

12/16/08 8:49 AM

I wish everyone who listens would also make a vote sad smiley

nin forums : nin.com Discussion : remix.nin.com Fan Remix Dis...
Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy