The British Consulate

Page: <  First... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199...Last >

03/09/09 10:37 AM

SwitchD5 posted:
Thinks of sexy women wearing lingerie

*thinks of azonei wearing women's lingerie*

Ah! A new page! Maybe we can put the lingerie away now?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 10:38AM by version.

03/09/09 11:15 AM

Stigmurder posted:
So, no one's gonna be heading off to Sonisphere Then?

ME!! I AM!!! NIN and Metallica on one line-up is good enough for mesmiling bouncing smiley

Just bought my tickets hot smiley

I may be the only one but I love festivals!!

4 days in a field with beer and live bands with no stress and only contactable by my mobile phone. It's my idea of heaven!!

As long as I have my inflatable camping mattress, portable hair straighteners, wet wipes, wellies and spare undies then I'm fine grinning smiley

And if we do also get a UK tour, then I'll go to as many of those shows as I can as well!!

If nothing else this past year has taught me that life's too short. I was saving up for new carpets but knickers to that, this will be much more fun!! smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 11:16AM by Djred.

03/09/09 11:28 AM

Now if I had my own portaloo - one that I could literally pull out of a hat and erect, with absolute privacy, wherever I was then I'd be happier.

But until technology matches magic and/or fantasies, then it's a no no for me. grinning smiley

03/09/09 11:29 AM

@ version: yes it was Armstrong & Miller! grinning smiley
don't think the wife's undies would fit me... winking smiley

& yes, let's put the lingerie back where it belongs!! grinning smiley

03/09/09 12:29 PM

I don't mind camping, I do mind not sleeping. I always seem to find the area where every tent in the near area contains people who snores loud, throws up a lot, shags or shouts all night. It's fun when your involved, not so much if your not smiling smiley If you drink then you can drink yourself to sleep, if you don't then your stuck with a pillow over your head trying to drown the noise out.

I'll just wait for the photos Redsmiling smiley

03/09/09 11:43 AM

SwitchD5 posted:
I don't mind camping, I do mind not sleeping. I always seem to find the area where every tent in the near area contains people who snores loud, throws up a lot, shags or shouts all night. It's fun when your involved, not so much if your not smiling smiley If you drink then you can drink yourself to sleep, if you don't then your stuck with a pillow over your head trying to drown the noise out.

I forgot to mention my earplugs!! I always take those and we always camp on the quiet/family campsite. I'm not totally mad you know!! grinning smiley

SwitchD5 posted:
I'll just wait for the photos Redsmiling smiley

I'll take loads!! smiling bouncing smiley

03/09/09 12:32 PM

I don't go anywhere that involves sleeping without my ear plugs as I'm such a light sleeper

03/09/09 12:59 PM

Djred posted:
Stigmurder posted:
ME!! I AM!!! NIN and Metallica on one line-up is good enough for mesmiling bouncing smiley

You sound very excited! Have a great time! smiling smiley

03/09/09 1:10 PM

Gah, I'm getting some sort of NIN fever, with everyone's talk of UK concerts. eye popping smiley smiling bouncing smiley
I hope you all enjoy yourselves, wherever you go.

And on another note (I know, I hoard questions to ask, sorry eye rolling smiley) how many of you have bought The Slip? I thought it had sold out, but apparently not?! I'm wondering whether to buy it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 01:11PM by anon_kaur.

03/09/09 1:13 PM

*yawns*
That's it, guys, I think I have to give up and go to bed.
I'm going to fall asleep to Ripe (With Decay). Can't stop listening to it, it's my current addiction.

03/09/09 1:32 PM

Djred posted:
Stigmurder posted:

4 days in a field with beer and live bands with no stress and only contactable by my mobile phone. It's my idea of heaven!!

As long as I have my inflatable camping mattress, portable hair straighteners, wet wipes, wellies and spare undies then I'm fine grinning smiley

And if we do also get a UK tour, then I'll go to as many of those shows as I can as well!!

If nothing else this past year has taught me that life's too short. I was saving up for new carpets but knickers to that, this will be much more fun!! smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley
Once you're really wasted, you won't give a shit on wet wipes and spare undies anymore the finger smiley
More than 20 years ago i went to a Psychobilly festival in Belgium for a couple of days and when i came back home, all that was left of my undies was a thin string around my waist - hehehe smileys with beer

03/09/09 1:41 PM

version posted:
Djred posted:
Stigmurder posted:

You sound very excited! Have a great time! smiling smiley

Thanks version smiling smiley

August is ages away but yes I am excited!! - I'm still a big kid at heart and now I know I'm going to see NIN again, I can't control the excitement!!

Just wish some of you were going so I can meet you all sad smiley

*Fingers crossed again for a UK tour*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 06:00PM by Djred.

03/09/09 1:47 PM

Maybee - Sounds like you had a ball grinning smiley

Unfortunately for me things are a lot tamer now than they used to be, because I have my daughter in tow!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 01:49PM by Djred.

03/09/09 2:39 PM

anon_kaur posted:
Gah, I'm getting some sort of NIN fever, with everyone's talk of UK concerts. eye popping smiley smiling bouncing smiley

I'm starting to get excited - I wish they'd hurry up and make some official announcements so I can plan how crazy I'm going to be lol.

anon_kaur posted:
And on another note (I know, I hoard questions to ask, sorry eye rolling smiley) how many of you have bought The Slip? I thought it had sold out, but apparently not?! I'm wondering whether to buy it.

I bought it, I'm not sure exactly what the situation is with it now - it was rather confused at the time of release. The original press release said numbered limited edition in USA and a few other places (can't remember where exactly) and general release in teh rest of the world (including here). When people started getting them the yseemed to be the numbered version worldwide however. Someone with far more time than me has been tracking where they all ended up here.

03/09/09 3:39 PM

anon_kaur posted:

Anyone can go the gigs. I'm sure they'll be meet ups. We're not all drunken maniacs, having been to 3 meet ups I can say now that everyone is really cool and friendly and possibly not what you'd expect.

Considering it's a free download I don't think it's sold out. The CD you can buy is a limited run of CD which are therefore collectable. Not essential buying when you can download the album from NIN.com for free. The Slip

Ghost on the other hand smiling smiley It's very different to the other albums. It's worth downloading the first CD (which is free) before deciding what to do next. $5 download is $10 for the CDs. There is a deluxe edition for $75. The site has info Ghost Website I imagine it'd be something you may like

03/09/09 2:55 PM

wraith posted:
anon_kaur posted:

I'm starting to get excited - I wish they'd hurry up and make some official announcements so I can plan how crazy I'm going to be lol.

anon_kaur posted:

I bought it, I'm not sure exactly what the situation is with it now - it was rather confused at the time of release. The original press release said numbered limited edition in USA and a few other places (can't remember where exactly) and general release in teh rest of the world (including here). When people started getting them the yseemed to be the numbered version worldwide however. Someone with far more time than me has been tracking where they all ended up here.

The Slip was limited/numbered worldwide - 250,000 copies to be exact (although 1 & 250,000 were kept by someone...)
IMO it's worth getting, just for the DVD. yes, you can DL the CD, but its not the same...

back on the festival/gig front - if I don't get a permanent post soon I may not be able to go to any shows sad smiley I definitely will NOT be going to any festivals (made myself quite clear on that, I think! grinning smiley ) but I sincerely hope there'll be some 'proper' shows before the summer (i.e. August) 'cos I want to go away then... having said that, I seem to recall TR saying he hoped to finish up in the Pacific Rim (guessing he means Japan) around August time... & I might be in the area then... winking smiley

03/09/09 2:56 PM

hmmm, am using ubuntu just now... just installed it, but not yet anywhere near used to it!!! will I like it? time will tell...
on the plus side, it recognised my wireless setup without ANY problems, which is something of a rarity, judging by the stories I'd read 'til now...

03/09/09 3:04 PM

haaaaaaiiiiiiiiii

03/09/09 3:20 PM

*jumps on elph!*

03/09/09 3:32 PM

elphaba posted:
haaaaaaiiiiiiiiii

*glomps*
grinning smiley

03/09/09 4:03 PM

wraith posted:
Someone with far more time than me has been tracking where they all ended up here.

Whoa! eye popping smiley That's scary! How do they have that information?

SwitchD5 posted:
We're not all drunken maniacs, having been to 3 meet ups I can say now that everyone is really cool and friendly and possibly not what you'd expect.

Was this reassurance directed specifically at me? I don't think a bad word against any of you. I look forward to meeting yous, one of these days. cool smiley

SwitchD5 posted:
It's worth downloading the first CD (which is free) before deciding what to do next.

Oh thank you! I had no idea. I'll be listening to it tonight. smiling bouncing smiley

03/09/09 4:09 PM

azonei posted:
The Slip was limited/numbered worldwide - 250,000 copies to be exact (although 1 & 250,000 were kept by someone...)

Whoever gets no. 249,999 (or no. 2) has got something special. And I bet they'll auction it on ebay. angry smiley

03/09/09 5:18 PM

anon_kaur posted:
wraith posted:
Someone with far more time than me has been tracking where they all ended up here.

Whoa! eye popping smiley That's scary! How do they have that information?

SwitchD5 posted:
We're not all drunken maniacs, having been to 3 meet ups I can say now that everyone is really cool and friendly and possibly not what you'd expect.

Was this reassurance directed specifically at me? I don't think a bad word against any of you. I look forward to meeting yous, one of these days. cool smiley

The information is entered into that site by the person who bought it. At the top you can see the 'enter information' button. Mine is 32,828 smiling smiley I do have number 306 of the $300 collector edition of Ghost though smiling smiley

It wasn't directly directed at you smiling smiley I was just referring to the pictures posted yesterday from my photobucket. A large number of them appear to be in a pub thats all.

03/09/09 4:24 PM

SwitchD5 posted:
The information is entered into that site by the person who bought it. At the top you can see the 'enter information' button.

Ah, that's comforting. smiling smiley

SwitchD5 posted:
I do have number 306 of the $300 collector edition of Ghost though smiling smiley

How many of these are there altogether?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/09/2009 04:25PM by anon_kaur.

03/09/09 4:24 PM

Wow, just been lurking in one of the tour threads (this one) and marvelling at the price of tickets. Apparently $150 = £109(ish) eye popping smiley

I dunno how much tix for the US shows usually are, but that seems like a hell of a lot! Makes me appreciate living in the UK though...

03/09/09 6:12 PM

anon_kaur posted:

SwitchD5 posted:
I do have number 306 of the $300 collector edition of Ghost though smiling smiley

How many of these are there altogether?

2,500 signed copies

03/09/09 5:58 PM

paleenigma posted:
Before I really think about going to Toronto I suppose I should find out if, with a US visa, I can just casually wander into Canada. Does anyone know the answer to this?

You used to be able to. Now you need a Passport. (or is your VISA the same thingy?)

03/09/09 6:12 PM

november19 posted:
paleenigma posted:
Before I really think about going to Toronto I suppose I should find out if, with a US visa, I can just casually wander into Canada. Does anyone know the answer to this?

You used to be able to. Now you need a Passport. (or is your VISA the same thingy?)

I've got a passport, that's no probs, and will have a visa too (spent the ENTIRE fucking day filling out the application forms - there aren't half some funny questions on that thing). Is that all you need?

03/09/09 6:18 PM

Stigmurder posted:
Wow, just been lurking in one of the tour threads (this one) and marvelling at the price of tickets. Apparently $150 = £109(ish) eye popping smiley

I dunno how much tix for the US shows usually are, but that seems like a hell of a lot! Makes me appreciate living in the UK though...

That's ridiculous!! How on earth can they justify that?

Make's our festival tickets seem like a bargain!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/10/2009 04:50PM by Djred.

03/09/09 6:51 PM

London baby. Tottenham to be precise. And I know I'm not the only NIN fan round these parts.

nin forums : Community Forum : The British Consulate
Page: <  First... 189 190 191 192 193 194 195 196 197 198 199...Last >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy