the final show project: [ after all is said and done ] - presented by "a tiny little dot"

Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >

10/14/09 11:27 PM

nine inch nails : [after all is said and done]
blu-ray : dvd : torrent

http://atinylittledot.com

WHAT IS IT ?
Something that fucking rocks.

Over the course of the past few weeks I've contacted every person that i could find who has any HD footage of NIN's final show at the Wiltern, and then... reached out to a team of professional editors and audio pros to see what we could come up with. And what we've come up with is shaping up to be fucking awesome. A soon-to-come, professionally mixed, professionally edited multi-cam, multi-sourced audio, blu-ray of Nine Inch Nails' final show at the Wiltern, comprised exclusively of HD video footage (which we will also release in torrent form). I've heard the rough audio mixes and they sound stellar, and I've seen the rough footage and it will blow your mind.

A GLIMPSE INTO THE PROJECT.....

Just a few weeks into it, the quality and quantity of our HD footage library is quite impressive, and we believe there's a lot more yet to come. And as for the audio: it's all high-fidelity FLAC/DPA recorded material mixed to bring out the nuance and subtlety of the performance. I've heard the rough mix of the audio and it sounds stellar. Better than anything that's out there at the moment.

Sources so far:

At this point... too many too list. What we can say is that we've assembled an archive of almost every single HD source there that night... with over 24 sources and close to a terabyte worth of footage. There's some amazing stuff here. - NEW

Editing Team -

1 Professional Video Editor (Head)
4 Professional Video Editors (Team)
1 Professional Sound Mixer
1 Professional Sound Engineer
1 Professional Color Corrector
1 Professional DVD/Blu-Ray Author
1 Content Creator

HOW CAN YOU HELP ?

Spectacular question. How CAN you help? You tell me. This is a community effort and we need all the help we can get.

But here are a few things we definitely do need. PLEASE READ

posted:
1) A professional audio editor who can mix in 5.1 or 7.1 (preferrably in southern california, but not necessary)

2) MORE HD FOOTAGE (PARTICULARLY FROM THE LEFT SIDE OF THE STAGE) - if you or anybody you know took any HD footage of the show not listed above, please put them in contact with me ASAP.

3) Someone willing to contribute their efforts to DVD intro/menu/credit creation. Preferably someone artistically inclined.

4) More Video Editors versed in FINAL CUT PRO (preferably in southern california)

5) A high-output Blu-Ray copier - if you have one or know anyone who has one... we definitely need you.

6) Someone who can help create a simple but clean website for the project.

7) Get the word out !!

8) Help us think of a name for the Blu-Ray

9) Submit your Designs & Cover Artwork

10) Someone with access to professional up-resolution hardware - NEW

11) We're also collecting HD footage from the FONDA as part of our bonus features. If you have any, let us know - NEW

if you or anyone you know can help with these items please contact me at
synthetikz@gmail.com

HOW MUCH WILL IT COST YOU ??

1) Nothing - if you intend on just getting a torrent copy of the project

2) Something - If you want a Blu-Ray copy. How much does "something" mean? We don't know. But no one will be making a profit from this. You'll only have to pay what it cost us to create the blu-ray. Definitely no more than a million dollars.

And Most Importantly...
HOW TO STAY UP TO DATE ON THE PROJECT

Add us on Twitter : atinylittledot

Add us on Youtube : Synthetikz

Add us on Facebook : HERE

Webpage : http://atinylittledot.com

Digg us : HERE

Edited 9 time(s). Last edit at 04/27/2010 05:02PM by synthetik.

10/14/09 11:31 PM

1080p HD? TOIOU couldn't even pull off 1080p HD....damn

10/14/09 11:45 PM

THIS.WILL.BE.EPIC!

10/15/09 3:57 AM

CharmlessMan posted:
That's because Rob Sheridan provided files in 1080i not 1080p...

10/15/09 4:20 AM

icklekitty posted:
CharmlessMan posted:

icklekitty, thanks for all the info and guidance. i'm sure we'll be in contact more and more as things develop.

10/15/09 5:39 AM

I've become obsessed with the footage of The Warning that you put out - totally genious.

I'd be prepared to pay for a Blu-ray copy and may possibly buy a few as presents for people. Thanks very much for this! Wish I could offer help but I'm just no great shakes in technology

10/15/09 6:41 AM

I'll want a physical copy when it's done, whatever it costs. Thanks for your hard work. grinning smiley

10/15/09 7:02 AM

Will a physical copy be available to non-US residents?

10/15/09 9:51 AM

I will pay for the DVD and for shipping, as I'm sure will anybody. This sounds so awesome. I was trained in Final Cut a long time ago... but it's been too long for me to remember how or what exactly I'd be doing, not to mention I'm nowhere near you in CA. I have some training in editing, and if you want tips or anything you can ask, but editing is something that lots of people can do in cool and new ways. But like I said, if you want any ideas give me a hollar.

I'll pay for a copy EASY. I'm so excited. Thanks for all your work synth.

10/15/09 2:27 PM

icklekitty posted:
CharmlessMan posted:

I meant the Vegas footage,not the Gift.

I'm pumped for this though.

10/15/09 2:31 PM

What about those who can't afford a blu-ray player or PS3? Will standard DVDs be available?

10/15/09 2:46 PM

@ beckoned - it remains to be discussed. but if you're willing to pay international shipping, i don't see it being a problem

@ scott_pawsey - this also remaisn to be discussed. torrents are free and probably the go to solution for people who don't have blu-ray players. DVD's will be difficult because i expect the completed product to be around 40 -50 gigabytes. But I haven't ruled anything out. Stay posted to my twitter and youtube and i'm sure you'll get your answer at some point.

10/15/09 5:55 PM

Fuckin Sweet. I'd love to help but I do all my editing in Vegas Pro 9. Working on a 3 disk Blu Ray set of the 3 LITS Shows. Will keep track of your progress.

10/15/09 6:07 PM

Website...

Need someone capable of putting together a clean and effective website as a central/public hub for this project. If that's you PM me.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2009 06:10PM by synthetik.

10/15/09 6:27 PM

icklekitty posted:
CharmlessMan posted:
Not quite, it's HDV at:

Width : 1440 pixels
Height : 1080 pixels
Display aspect ratio : 16:9
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 29.970 fps

10/18/09 4:32 AM

I would so pay int shipping for this grinning smiley

10/18/09 5:29 AM

when is this expected to be finished?

10/18/09 9:27 AM

joeche89 posted:

next week

10/18/09 1:40 PM

c! posted:
joeche89 posted:

next week
smiling smiley Exactly.

10/18/09 2:50 PM

Thanks for the efforts being put into this. I have an audio recording of the show but a HD video edit is something else grinning smiley BT are gonna love me with all the GB's of NIN bootlegs on the download lately haha

10/18/09 7:48 PM

joeche89 posted:

no clue. we need to look at the scope of the project and fit that within the timelines of all those involved. i'd rather not get anyone hopes up by giving a specific date. what i can say though is that we expect to move things forward on a quicker timeline than TOIOU, just by virtue of the fact that our team is all local. we'll see what happens.

- synthetik

10/19/09 2:37 PM

[2 NEW UPDATES]

1) We are now accepting Design & Cover Art Submissions for the project !!
Please post your designs HERE or on this ETS thread. We're excited to see what everyone can come up with !!

2) We are ALSO accepting Title suggestions.
(and yes, "The Day the World Went Away" has already been suggested.... several times)

- synthetik

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 02:59PM by synthetik.

10/19/09 2:49 PM

synthetik posted:
[2 NEW UPDATES]

1) We are now accepting Design & Cover Art Submissions for the project !!
Please post your designs HERE or on this ETS thread. We're excited to see what everyone can come up with !!

(and yes, "The Day the World Went Away" has already been suggested.... several times)

- synthetik

That ETS link is broken, synthetik.

10/19/09 3:00 PM

Shitfuckdamn posted:

That ETS link is broken, synthetik.

Fixed. Thanks ShitFuckDamn smiling smiley

10/19/09 11:54 PM

Why bluray disc ? What about a double DVD release ? I don't have a bluray drive, and as it is not really supported by linux distros...

10/20/09 2:49 AM

fredbezies posted:
Why bluray disc ? What about a double DVD release ? I don't have a bluray drive, and as it is not really supported by linux distros...

here's why:
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a179/synthetikz/Screenshot2009-10-20at14713AM.png

10/20/09 3:29 AM

And full of DRMs and all other craps like that.

So, no bluray for me. And you need to change all your display hardware.

10/20/09 2:45 PM

fredbezies posted:

It's pretty clear you have no idea what DRM's are. Why would synthetik place DRMs into a fan-made dvd first off? Especially one where the artist has given permission to record his material?? And did you read the part where he said he would be torrenting the project for everyone to downlaod? What are you going to say next? That linux doesn't support downloads? You sound like a poorly informed conspiracy theorist.

10/20/09 8:55 PM

synthetik posted:

here are a few suggestions:

[after all is said and done]
[a place that still remains]

10/20/09 10:28 PM

kyan posted:
fredbezies posted:

It's pretty clear you have no idea what DRM's are. Why would synthetik place DRMs into a fan-made dvd first off? Especially one where the artist has given permission to record his material?? And did you read the part where he said he would be torrenting the project for everyone to downlaod? What are you going to say next? That linux doesn't support downloads? You sound like a poorly informed conspiracy theorist.

1) I was talking about bluray disc format itself.

2) Bluray doesn't give anything better right now as DVDs are more used, but in a few years, maybe.

3) I'm using linux for nearly 5 years.

4) DVD are a lighter format.

5) Thanks for the "poorly informed conspiracy theorist.". I do like this smiling smiley

nin forums : LITS Tour Downloads and Fan Projects : the final show project: [ a...
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy