nin.com news 9.17.10: The Social Network score: Free sampler EP + album preorders

Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >

09/17/10 8:11 AM

trent reznor posted:
http://nin.com/images/TSN-cover-CD.jpg

Trent and Atticus have scored David Fincher's upcoming film The Social Network. A free, five-track EP of music from the film is available HERE right now along with various purchasing options for the entire soundtrack, which will be released 9/28.

The Social Network opens October 1.

trent_reznor posted:
This is what Atticus and I have been working on for the last few months. We had a great time working with David Fincher on this and the film turned out excellent - something we're very proud of. It opens in theatres Oct 1 and you should check it out.

Musically, this all came out of our secret laboratory - electronic in basis, but mostly organic sounding. Lots of experiments and emphasis on sound fraying around the edges while focusing on the proper emotional tone for the various scenes.

Regarding the purchase options, sorry about the "clunkiness" of not offering the full record digital download pre-sale (and having to visit Amazon). My agenda was to be able to offer this for the lowest possible price and this was the best way to achieve that. Amazon has been a great partner with past projects and I appreciate your understanding.

- Trent Reznor, 9.16.10

trent_reznor posted:
Matttcollins posted:
I'm a little confused, if I purchase the 8 dollar option from the website, I'll get a digital download of the entire CD on the 28th, and then a physical CD will be shipped on the 11th?

Yes. The physical CD ships later - this is due to leaks from manufacturing. We don't send the CDs to get made until the music is out there.

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 09:20AM by YKWYA.

09/17/10 8:23 AM

Buying this 100%thumbs up

09/17/10 8:26 AM

friday is really a good day!

09/17/10 8:28 AM

A message from Trent

posted:
This is what Atticus and I have been working on for the last few months. We had a great time working with David Fincher on this and the film turned out excellent - something we're very proud of. It opens in theatres Oct 1 and you should check it out.

Musically, this all came out of our secret laboratory - electronic in basis, but mostly organic sounding. Lots of experiments and emphasis on sound fraying around the edges while focusing on the proper emotional tone for the various scenes.

Regarding the purchase options, sorry about the "clunkiness" of not offering the full record digital download pre-sale (and having to visit Amazon). My agenda was to be able to offer this for the lowest possible price and this was the best way to achieve that. Amazon has been a great partner with past projects and I appreciate your understanding.

- Trent Reznor, 9.16.10

09/17/10 8:31 AM

YESSSSSSSS!!!!

09/17/10 9:30 AM

incredible.

09/17/10 8:43 AM

I'm really excited to see and hear how these tracks are going to be incorporated into the movie. Thanks for the peek!

Edit* Apparently I can't spell, lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 08:45AM by Fritzortagirl.

09/17/10 8:44 AM

So far, I feel like I'm listening to this out of context. It'll be interesting to see the movie and how this matches up. It sounds incredible in my headphones. I'm up to On We March, and it's lovely. The dates the songs are coming up with are pretty funny. On We March 11/20/1930? Okay?

09/17/10 9:05 AM

Thank You so much Trent...
I can't be any more grateful with how much effort and work you put into your music and how you take a reasonable and new approach to how it's released to us fans. Keep up the great work, can't wait to hear the rest of the album.

09/17/10 9:21 AM

Thanx Trent - Waiting for you down here in Belgium :-)

------------------------

[www.youtube.com] --> my project One Less To Go, begins tomorrow - it's in french but you all may understand and appreciate the videos ;-)

09/17/10 9:24 AM

eye popping smiley

remarkable. my brain is in awe right now.

09/17/10 9:29 AM

I can't get the download to work. Anyone else having problems? It keeps telling me that my e-mail is not valid.

09/17/10 9:29 AM

I'm really digging Pieces from the Whole, so much in fact its been playing on loop for 20 minuets.

09/17/10 9:34 AM

paperthin567 posted:
I can't get the download to work. Anyone else having problems? It keeps telling me that my e-mail is not valid.

I didn't have problems at all and I use gmail. Some website don't accept certain kind of accounts, you might check that option.

Holy shit at Soft Trees Break the Fall. Great song.

09/17/10 9:38 AM

Anyone get reminded by certain bits of On We March of The Believers?

I'm loving this so far, just onto The Gentle Hum of Anxiety

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 10:33AM by anythinginbetween.

09/17/10 9:41 AM

anythinginbetween posted:
Anyone get reminded by certain bits of On We March by The Believers?

I'm loving this so far, just onto The Gentle Hum of Anxiety
Yeah, I can see some of the more subtle noise effects in the background being Believers-like.

Queen of nothinG posted:
paperthin567 posted:

I didn't have problems at all and I use gmail. Some website don't accept certain kind of accounts, you might check that option.

I just had success. I was using Mozilla, but switched to IE and it worked. Thank you for the advice.

09/17/10 9:44 AM

Thanks guys!! Good looking out for us!!!

09/17/10 9:44 AM

paperthin567 posted:
Queen of nothinG posted:
paperthin567 posted:

I just had success. I was using Mozilla, but switched to IE and it worked. Thank you for the advice.
I used gmail in safari and it was fine. I've never had a download issue from The Null Corporation though.

09/17/10 9:52 AM

Thanks a lot. Can't wait to hear this smiling smiley

09/17/10 9:55 AM

SO good

09/17/10 10:04 AM

this is really good....like a more restrained Ghosts.

09/17/10 10:10 AM

Pretty great music-I hope they get an Oscar for this.
Also, I wish more soundtracks had purchasing options as varied as this.

09/17/10 10:17 AM

BIG TNX and greetings from Bulgaria!

09/17/10 10:23 AM

Awesome! Thanks for looking out for us poor folks. LOL!!!! J/K. Seriously, it's much appreciated. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 10:24AM by Divinity.

09/17/10 10:26 AM

GREAT Work, subtle yet succulent, grinning smiley I've listened to it, and like what you guys are doing. Also, it is AWESOME to see you guys and David Fincher work together, I also a big fan of his work. Looking forward to the album.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 10:29AM by biophilliac.

09/17/10 11:21 AM

No expectations whatsoever, (and hear me out please, i feel exceptionally 'typical' to suggest asking for more) nonetheless, i am curious if in the future any of this will be available for remix or if legal reasons may prohibit this. Or more importantly if it just is not right for this kind of work. Which what i mean to say is, are some things better left un-fucked with. And perhaps this is the case with such a beautiful and dynamic collection of music and sound i might add... I don't know, I suppose i am just thinking out loud. Regardless thank you Reznor and Ross for sharing your art! Speaking of loud, i am reasonably sure i just blew a 15" MTX with "On We March" or "Soft Trees Break the Fall" AWESOME!

P.s. No complaints at all, I have spares. I just had to feel it as well as hear it! smiling smiley

Edit: This question probably does belongs in a different thread. After all these years i am still not very good at bboards... Pardon me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 10:46AM by rydalx7.

09/17/10 10:43 AM

I believe the errors people are getting are due to a Firefox issue. I was also getting errors when trying to sign up using Firefox -- only worked when I switched browsers.

09/17/10 10:44 AM

Man, what a day for me! I can't wait to hear the whole album.

So does this mean Amazon won't be selling the official album? That stinks.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2010 10:44AM by xKillerZombiex.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 9.17.10: The S...
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy