nin.com news 12.1.11: "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" Pre-Orders and Free Sampler

Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >

12/01/11 10:14 PM

trent reznor posted:
http://nin.com/images/GDT_sampler.jpg

For the last fourteen months Atticus and I have been hard at work on David Fincher's "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo". We laughed, we cried, we lost our minds and in the process made some of the most beautiful and disturbing music of our careers. The result is a sprawling three-hour opus that I am happy to announce is available for pre-order right now for as low as $11.99. The full release will be available in one week - December 9th.

You have two options right now:

Vsit iTunes here where you can immediately download Karen O's and our version of Led Zeppelin’s "Immigrant Song" when you pre-order the soundtrack for $11.99.
You will also be able to exclusively watch the legendary 8-minute trailer you may have heard about (no purchase necessary obviously). We scored this trailer separately from the film, BTW.

Or…

Visit our store here. We're offering a variety of purchasing options including multiple format high-quality digital files, CDs and a really nice limited edition deluxe package containing vinyl and a flash drive.
In addition, RIGHT NOW you can download a six-track, 35 minute sampler with no purchase necessary.

Or…
Live the dream and visit both! Atticus and I are very proud of the film and our work, we hope you enjoy.

Best,
TR

The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo opens 12/21 in the US.
[dragontattoo.com]
[mouth-taped-shut.com]

trent_reznor 12/4/2011 posted:
Hey everyone-
Thanks for your patience. Just got this from Null / Rebel Waltz:

Problems with our international store launch forced us to re-direct people to purchase from Null where there was only an option to ship from the US. This has resulted in higher than intended shipping costs for some non-US sales. Overseas customers who purchased from Null with less favorable currency exchange will be rebated the difference in shipping costs in the form of a discount on their purchase. Specific timing and process of this rebate will be posted within 48 hours.

In an effort to reduce this pricing disparity Null will be adding an option to buy in sterling and ship from the UK starting now. This will permit us to serve all customers worldwide while providing more affordable shipping options. Upon entering the site you will be given an option in the upper right hand corner to select currency - either US dollars or British Sterling. See the below recommendation for the cheapest shipping suggestions to determine which is the best currency option for where you live:

CD PURCHASE
• All North and South America - purchase in dollars
• Everywhere else in the world - purchase in sterling

DELUXE PURCHASE
• UK - purchase in sterling
• Everywhere else in the world - purchase in dollars
_____________________________________________________________________________________________

Also, if you have experienced any difficulty or confusion with your Sandbag orders we are stepping in to facilitate. For any concerns with your order, please send these requests / inquiries to us through "Topspin Support" and we will give it prompt personal service. In addition to Sandbag inquiries this is where ANYONE can send customer service requests.

Click here to submit your request: [app.topspin.net]

We'd like to thank everyone for their patience over the past few days and apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced.

LEO EDIT: Formatting and links

Edited 5 time(s). Last edit at 12/04/2011 07:19PM by SwimFin.

12/01/11 11:18 PM

Thank you kind Sir! Congrats to you and Atticus both smiling smiley

12/01/11 10:19 PM

Thank you Trent! Gonna listen to the sampler right now!

12/01/11 10:24 PM

So the album is dropping on the 9th.

What pray tell is happening in Chicago with [www.hardfest.com] on that very same date?

12/01/11 10:25 PM

Deluxe Edition has been pre-ordered!!!

Special thanks to Malashaan for being awesome and buying it.

12/01/11 10:25 PM

thank u so much trent Congrats to you and Atticus smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 10:26PM by gagan_lp.

12/01/11 10:26 PM

Trent and Atticus amazing work again THANK YOU SO MUCH!

12/01/11 10:30 PM

Just downloaded the sampler, about to listen. Trent and Atticus, you guys rock.

12/01/11 10:31 PM

Downloading now! Thank you!!!!!!!!

I'll order the Deluxe edition this weekend if it's still available smiling smiley

12/01/11 11:31 PM

Just downloaded the sampler and bought the single. You guys are amazing. I love it already. Thank you so much for giving us such amazing music.

I can't wait to hear what you guys did for this film in full.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 10:32PM by icedeyes.

12/01/11 10:32 PM

Can't find the trailer on iTunes, anyone have a link?

12/01/11 10:32 PM

Made my week!Thanks Trent!!

12/01/11 10:36 PM

Can't wait to see and hear this movie in the theater smiling smiley

12/01/11 10:38 PM

WHY

WHY MUST I BE POOR sad smiley

Now if you wanted to do a CD version of the deluxe edition, I'd be all the hell over that.

12/01/11 10:38 PM

Love it!

Thanks Trent and Atticus!

12/01/11 10:40 PM

beyondoasis posted:
Can't find the trailer on iTunes, anyone have a link?
uh... its the very first link in the post man

[www.itunes.com]

12/01/11 10:41 PM

A big thank you from Nebraska, maestro.

12/01/11 10:42 PM

The store is down (or the link is broken). Can't use iTunes store from here (latin america). Please take a look at it, wanna preorder before going to bed! :-)

Message: "An internal server error occurred. Please try again later." It's an HTTP 500 error :/

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/01/2011 10:49PM by alfabravoteam.

12/01/11 10:46 PM

I think we're all in agreement when I say that "What if We Could" is not only the best song on the sampler, but the most beautiful thing Trent has written in quite some time.

12/01/11 10:47 PM

Anyone else completely happy with how this sounds? This really fits the mood of the story, and seems to give a little more darkness if at all possible...

Can't wait for Dec. 9 and Dec. 21.

12/01/11 10:48 PM

I REALLY want to buy the vinyl set so bad! But it will probably sell out in a few days, and I won't be able to buy until the week of the film's release! God, I feel like crying.

12/01/11 10:48 PM

Rob just tweeted that "The international store is run separately, they will be up shortly."
[twitter.com]

12/01/11 10:49 PM

bigglesworth posted:
Rob just tweeted that "The international store is run separately, they will be up shortly."
[twitter.com]
Was wondering why I couldn't get it to work. Are they talking about the nullco site or the itunes page? Neither will work for me in Canada.

12/01/11 10:50 PM

Thanks Trent and Atticus, looking forward to listening!

12/01/11 10:53 PM

39 tracks. 3 CD's filled with three hours of amazing content. You know, I was wondering what was taking so long. But The anticipation has been well worth it. Can't wait for this to arrive on my doorstep and spend three hours of my life in musical heaven

12/01/11 10:54 PM

trent just tweeted that ...For those that noticed, there's a typo in the track listing on iTunes. Track 5 should be Perihelion.

12/01/11 10:56 PM

CitizenWasp posted:
I REALLY want to buy the vinyl set so bad! But it will probably sell out in a few days, and I won't be able to buy until the week of the film's release! God, I feel like crying.
I really don't get why they've made it Limited Edition. Do they think only 3000 people in the world want it on vinyl, and all 3000 have that kind of money?

12/01/11 10:57 PM

Any way to pay with paypal on the nullco site?

12/01/11 10:57 PM

Immigrant Song is trending worldwide

12/01/11 10:58 PM

You know why i cannot access to the site _

the following message appears ¨ An internal server error occurred. Please try again later¨.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 12.1.11: "...
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy