New NIN music in 2012?!

12/07/11 11:02 AM

OMFG - Trent was interviewed for the BBC and apparently said he was planning to work on new NIN music in 2012. NEW NIN MUSIC! I know he said he might/could/would come back to NIN, but I kinda thought he'd move in a new direction and it wouldn't happen. Still not definite, but much more likely!
Also, new HTDA is "pretty much finished"!

The source clip is not available in my area (Canada) but here's the link in case it works for others. sigh.
[www.bbc.co.uk]

Here's a summary from another source:
2012 will be a year that Trent Reznor uses for writing Nine Inch Nails songs, he said when interviewed by BBC Radio’s Zane Lowe. Trent said that he’ll be writing music next year, and he’ll be thinking about how to use it as Nine Inch Nails music while he’s writing. Not that we should expect a quick release of a Nine Inch Nails album … Trent Reznor is a known perfectionist and by most expectations he’ll want to get it right before it’s released. There hasn’t been a release of a new Nine Inch Nails albums since The Slip in 2008. He said the desire to start something other than Nine Inch Nails started when he needed a change, saying “I needed to commit to doing something different, and that doesn’t mean that I’m not going to return to that at some point. I felt myself pushed and pulled back into the same return of album, tour, album tour and I had a list of things I’d like to try to do in life.” He went on to say “I plan on spending a good portion of this coming year (coming up) writing with that in mind. And we’ll see what happens with it.” So I guess the takeaway here is that if he starts to like what’s being done (and it stands the test of time), it can find life as Nine Inch Nails songs and even make it as a Nine Inch Nails album. If it takes him a different way creatively, it could be a new project or just get shelved. In other Trent Reznor news, he said that the How To Destroy Angels new album is pretty much finished and is being mixed with producer Alan Moulder right now.

12/07/11 12:20 PM

Writing it doesn't mean releasing it - if he starts writing it in 2012, it's possible we won't get it until 2013, due to Trent being, well, Trent.

Still, it would make a great xmas present for next year tongue sticking out smiley

12/07/11 1:07 PM

jenifer2126 posted:
NEW NIN MUSIC!
That made my day smiling smiley
jenifer2126 posted:
Also, new HTDA is "pretty much finished"!
^That too

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : New NIN music in 2012?!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

terms of use | privacy policy