nin.com news 12.10.11: "The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo" Soundtrack Out Now

Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >

12/10/11 5:08 PM

trent reznor posted:
The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo soundtrack, featuring three hours of new music by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross, is available to download NOW direct from us or from iTunes. You can also pre-order the album in a 3-CD package or a 6-vinyl deluxe limited edition.

Watch the video of "Immigrant Song" featuring Karen O, from the soundtrack:

http://nin.com/images/immigrantsong.jpg

mod edit: added links.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/14/2011 07:29PM by SwimFin.

12/10/11 5:14 PM

i don't know what to say... midnight drug for me at the moment... im a junkie of you Reznor.

12/10/11 5:40 PM

I know the Pitchfork article says Fincher created the video, but the similarity to the PHM re-issue has me wonder if Rob had a hand in this, too. Anyone know who was involved in putting this together? Any speculation as to the various imagery?

-Paul

P.S. The soundtrack is awesome.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/10/2011 05:41PM by paul.

12/10/11 5:41 PM

this reminds me of the schizophrenic cinematography I saw in parts of Tetsuo: The Bullet Man, and some of Chris Cunningham's stuff. Very cool.

12/10/11 5:41 PM

This could take awhile to listen to.

12/10/11 5:43 PM

marvelous

12/10/11 6:03 PM

Very good video, I liked smiling smiley. The soundtrack is great!!!

12/10/11 6:31 PM

jarrettwold posted:
this reminds me of the schizophrenic cinematography I saw in parts of Tetsuo: The Bullet Man, and some of Chris Cunningham's stuff. Very cool.

I see several familiar elements...

PHM reissue like Paul said above,

I see "Only", "Into The Void", and the flower at the end (see my avitard) reminds me of the flower image for The Fragile and TDTWWA.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 03:15PM by OMS.

12/10/11 7:25 PM

Sorry, folks... Need to go to hospital

Got a severe eargasm

12/10/11 7:28 PM

paul posted:
I know the Pitchfork article says Fincher created the video, but the similarity to the PHM re-issue has me wonder if Rob had a hand in this, too. Anyone know who was involved in putting this together? Any speculation as to the various imagery?

-Paul

P.S. The soundtrack is awesome.

I Agree it's like the PHM Cover came to life ...

So Exited to see the movie on monday! Thanks for the heads up on the advance screenings Trent!!!!!!!!!

12/10/11 7:59 PM

I gather the videotape distortion was deliberate. Brilliant video!

12/10/11 8:43 PM

too bad i can't rip RTMP audio/video streams right now, and my computer sucks too hard to play it in the browser properly...

love the song though...

and, of course, the entire soundtrack. "With The Flies" reminded me of the Quake soundtrack, so i just went and excavated out my WinQuake disc to import...

people complain about how they want the old NIN back with the vocals and the anger and all that stuff, but i've gotta say i'm perfectly happy with all the instrumental stuff that's been coming forth...

12/10/11 9:30 PM

love it

12/10/11 11:47 PM

I've pre-ordered the CD Digipak from the NiN-redirection website and it says 9th December is to be released but I did not recieve any email stating if it was shipped or anything. Anyone has that problem?

12/10/11 11:51 PM

buhp866 posted:
I've pre-ordered the CD Digipak from the NiN-redirection website and it says 9th December is to be released but I did not recieve any email stating if it was shipped or anything. Anyone has that problem?

The digital download is/was Dec 9...the actual CD doesn't ship until the 27th.

12/11/11 12:20 AM

Anyone spring for the super deluxe version?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 12:22AM by paul.

12/11/11 6:02 AM

I'm glad that aside from the score the opening theme is going to be done similar to Seven, or maybe it's at the end and the title comes last like some movies, never really know, but I think it would be a good opening.

12/11/11 9:49 AM

Very abstract and fucked up. I'm liking it. Probably won't get to see the movie till my kids are out of town at New Years when the go to NC w/my mom. Definitely want to see it tho.

12/11/11 10:15 AM

Love it,just amazing. Thank you once again Trent.

12/11/11 10:33 AM

Wow, love the video. And love the version. I used to listen to Led Zep loads in college, so strange, but refreshing to hear this.

12/11/11 10:48 AM

Oh, and I see Sentinels from The Matrix with the way the USB cords move.

12/11/11 11:13 AM

This version is cool, but I still prefer the original. I find it more powerful as Robert Plant, with his instantly recognizable voice, displays a wider vocal range than Karen O does; and Jimmy Page delivered one of the greatest and most instantly recognizable riffs in rock music. When played on a synth, like on this version, it feels more like a remix than a cover.

NOT saying this version is bad, just saying I strongly prefer the original.

12/11/11 11:38 AM

patrick_nicholas posted:
This version is cool, but I still prefer the original. I find it more powerful as Robert Plant, with his instantly recognizable voice, displays a wider vocal range than Karen O does; and Jimmy Page delivered one of the greatest and most instantly recognizable riffs in rock music. When played on a synth, like on this version, it feels more like a remix than a cover.

I've got many friends who share this view. While I'm not going to "choose sides", I'd still like to point out that making a "pure" cover would probably not have seen artistically interesting, the guitar-playing would have been instantly compared to the original and so, the resulting version was probably the only (or one of the few) way to make the cover unique - ie by converting the guitar riff to a synth part.

12/11/11 11:43 AM

why do people have the urge to "choose" something, this i do not understand.

12/11/11 12:42 PM

OMS posted:

Seems symbolic of a person being used as a machine and acting as one, and it makes sense for the character when you devalue their humanity and they're still alive they resemble a machine, then that and everything is flowing in and out of the character. I think it's more about the character's narrative than any specific personality disorder.

12/11/11 1:06 PM

Hometouralbumslisten posted:
OMS posted:

Seems symbolic of a person being used as a machine and acting as one, and it makes sense for the character when you devalue their humanity and they're still alive they resemble a machine, then that and everything is flowing in and out of the character. I think it's more about the character's narrative than any specific personality disorder.

That and isn't Lisbeth a hacker? There are a lot of "keyboard" images...and the fluid flowing between the keys makes me think that a physical state of matter (liquid) is becoming one with the keyboard.

All in all, the images I see in this video are very powerful. I'm glad Fincher didn't take random movie scenes, but instead, used the images/clips that make something very visceral in feeling.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 01:06PM by OMS.

12/11/11 1:24 PM

I think the floating cords looks like some of the abandoned "EDIETS" video...anyone else seeing that? Reminds me on the one still that they put up that didn't have Trent in it.

12/11/11 1:41 PM

Amazing Soundtrack - just got the deluxe download and am in awe of the music
the Video is brilliant and just what you would expect from this director
happy as a pig in mud right now
woo hoo

12/11/11 1:56 PM

zensauna posted:
patrick_nicholas posted:

I've got many friends who share this view. While I'm not going to "choose sides", I'd still like to point out that making a "pure" cover would probably not have seen artistically interesting, the guitar-playing would have been instantly compared to the original and so, the resulting version was probably the only (or one of the few) way to make the cover unique - ie by converting the guitar riff to a synth part.

Somehow, I agree with both of you. spinning smiley sticking its tongue out

It must have been terrifying to cover a Led Zeppelin song (I know I would have been scared shitless). I don't think there's a singer in the world right now who can be compared with Robert Plant; in my eyes, he is a living god.

At the same time, I very much like this cover. I think it is the best way that it could be done by retaining elements from both Led Zeppelin and from Trent. Being a fan of both, it makes me a happy baby otter. tongue sticking out smiley

12/11/11 2:42 PM

Karen O is a pretty woman and she's got a really nice voice. So that's cool! smiling smiley -TreyS

I'm not a huge Led Zeppelin fan but I respect them and I think they are really cool.

The imagery really reminds me of an opening to a James Bond 007 sci-fi modern movie.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/11/2011 03:09PM by TreyS.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 12.10.11: &quo...
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11...Last >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy