nin.com news 10.8.12: New single and upcoming EP from How to destroy angels.

Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >

10/09/12 10:32 AM

baddkittiy posted:
very interesting, i am ready to hear some more and get some awesome remixes going. love this compared to the garbage that is being produced, but i wonder how much will Colombia try to control...
I'd imagine that they were signed to Columbia under some pretty strict terms after Trent's past experiences with TVT and Interscope. Either way, I'd say the beat of it is pretty repetitive, but the vocals were really well done.

10/09/12 10:48 AM

thumbs up thumbs up

Nothiing but excitement on my end. grinning smiley

10/09/12 10:57 AM

First of all: THANKS TRENT, MARIQUEEN, ATTICUS AND ROB!

Beautiful!

I really liked this song and can't wait for the EP!

The music is beautiful, i really love the complex textures and simple structure, it's strange, it seems minimalistic without being minimalistic. I love the feeling MQ's sweet voice brings into the obscure music.

What do you think about the lyrics? It's cryptic, but in some ways it seems like a love song. The first verse to me sounds (well, reads) like Trent's style (disappear, see right through myself), maybe about how scary it is to tear down all the walls and defenses that protect yourself and becoming one with the person you love.

The second verse, at least the first 2 lines seem to be about MQ being pregnant and the next couple lines about the message or mission every human being brings with him when he comes to this world... OR it could be a voice as in Trent's/MQ's subconscious, that voice we all have inside that sometimes tells us things we don't wanna hear or makes us see things we don't want to see because paying attention to that means you have to face yourself and your fears.

Anyway, MORE, PLEASE!

10/09/12 1:29 PM

It's great to hear some new material from Trent even if it's not NIN

Keep up the good work T the new track is badass and dark like it should be

Can't wait for this new EP and the new NIN

Cheers form POLAND grinning smiley

10/09/12 2:21 PM

ChaseNine posted:
I love hearing the classic HTDA bass-lines and heavy synth.

Can a band whose only previous output is a 6 song EP 2 years before and a Brian Ferry cover be considered to have song parts that are "classic"? Serious question.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/09/2012 02:24PM by SSquirrel.

10/09/12 5:25 PM

I may have gotten a slight boner after listening to this.

10/09/12 7:11 PM

Mr. Reznor and company!!!

So many Thank You's! Love so much about this track. Heavvvvy! Deep! A bit Gritty and Grungy - powerful and delicate. The overlay of so many layers of sound. I love it! I really love the dimension and sultry contrast Mariqueen's vocals give to HTDA. A truly unique soundscape.

Always loved the slower, deep and melodic, rich sounds you've crafted in your projects! I am so happy to be a part of the musical evolution you share with us! I also thank you for the free download to hold me (us) over until the EP is released.

I've had "Keep It Together" burned to CD and on repeat for, oh I'll just say awhile now. Love how the walls vibrate and I keen feel it in my chest! :-)

Ever onward!

Thank You!

10/09/12 9:19 PM

Appreciation and gratitude for all who made this!!

Title makes me think of Bowfinger, which I know for certain was NOT the inspiration for this song hahaha...

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2010/03/bowfinger-425a032910-fp.jpg

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/10/2012 02:42PM by votiVe.

10/09/12 10:06 PM

Sheepdean posted:
T. posted:
I have ten words for this one.....

Time to make some new Nine Inch Nails material Trent.....
Congratulation, you made a new account just to be a dick. I'm sure your day is now complete.

On topic: I think it's a strange choice for a lead single, but it's a really gorgeous song, and I can't wait for the full EP.
And the lyrics are transcribed here: [www.ninwiki.com]

Agreed. Like I said before, subtle, yet, good. I'm looking forward to the EP, so make me have an audiogasm already.

10/09/12 10:42 PM

Absolutely beautiful. Can't wait for the EP!

10/10/12 5:15 AM

huge Thank You, Sir. The new song "Keep it Together" was posted on my birthday. I liked it allot, I'm going to go buy it when I get a moment.

10/10/12 8:23 AM

Very disappointing. All I could think about while listening to this song: Radiohead Kid A. Another thing, was this a demo?

10/10/12 10:21 AM

^

You're not looking deep enough. It's a great opening scene and sets the theme. Think Mr. Self Destruct & how it opened TDS.

This track is not a demo, it will appear on the full album.

Key A#,C

10/10/12 10:23 AM

Very pretty! Like the back and forth layering of the phrase 'keep it together' between Mari and Trent. Uplifting piece.

10/10/12 10:44 AM

snaapz posted:
^

You're not looking deep enough. It's a great opening scene and sets the theme. Think Mr. Self Destruct & how it opened TDS.

This track is not a demo, it will appear on the full album.

Key A#,C

Mr. Self Destruct was never a single. And I think i'm looking plenty deep. There's just not enough there.

10/10/12 11:21 AM

Great track. Looking forward to the EP.
And HTDA live! That's going to kick serious ass.

10/10/12 1:55 PM

Sheepdean posted:
T. posted:

Congratulation, you made a new account just to be a dick. I'm sure your day is now complete.

On topic: I think it's a strange choice for a lead single, but it's a really gorgeous song, and I can't wait for the full EP.

You, sir, are a dick also.
The T. guy is right, this song sucks.
Not everything Trent creates should make you cum.

I really miss the Broken/Downward Spiral/Fragile sound with some heavy guitars and not only electronic samples.

10/10/12 2:13 PM

^Sheepdean is actually pretty awesome.

This isn't Nine Inch Nails. Get over it.

10/10/12 10:24 PM

It sounds great... Yoko she's not... maybe we should love her like John did, OK not quite so much. Love the smooth repeating Bass line.

10/11/12 7:42 AM

It's official. HTDA will ALWAYS be compared to NIN.

10/11/12 8:04 AM

All hope is not lost. I remember listening to "The Day the World Went Away" single for the first time and thinking the album was gonna suck. This is a similarly weird single. As it turns out the Fragile was awesome, and TDTWWA kinda fit in the proper context of the album.

But to this day I can't understand why they released TDTWWA as the first single. It was an awful stand alone song.

10/11/12 8:26 AM

"Keep it together" is my least favorite title from HTDA until now. But I'm still excited about the upcoming EP. The first EP was great.

10/11/12 8:47 AM

It would've been cool if Trent kept HTDA seperate from anything with NIN, especially this page. It's just like Maynard posting Puscifer material on the TOOL homepage. The artist want to branch off in other music projects, but when they promote it, they keep it within what made them popular in the first place, like this: HTDA being promoted on the NIN homepage? Take some chances, will ya?

10/11/12 9:03 AM

BillyReznor88 posted:
Forget the free downloads for me, Trent.

http://soshable.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/09/shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

i second this motion

10/11/12 9:10 AM

Also, I thought The day thee world went away was a great song and stood by itself because it was so theatrical. It was like a teaser for the fragile. Also wasnt the first song we all heard from HTDA A Drowning? It was a fairly somber track as well, and I thought the ep was great, especially for being made in such a small amount of time. I'm excited for this new one. I honestly prefer to hear stuff like this first because it saves all the other tracks for the release, like a small taste of something greater.

10/11/12 1:48 PM

qpka_warrior posted:
Sheepdean posted:
T. posted:

You, sir, are a dick also.
The T. guy is right, this song sucks.
Not everything Trent creates should make you cum.

I really miss the Broken/Downward Spiral/Fragile sound with some heavy guitars and not only electronic samples.

Last time I checked, Broken/TDS/TF are NIN albums eye rolling smiley

echoplex1970 posted:
It would've been cool if Trent kept HTDA seperate from anything with NIN, especially this page. It's just like Maynard posting Puscifer material on the TOOL homepage. The artist want to branch off in other music projects, but when they promote it, they keep it within what made them popular in the first place, like this: HTDA being promoted on the NIN homepage? Take some chances, will ya?

I don't think it would make much of a difference. Even if HTDA wasn't mentioned EVER by the NIN camp on this website, and EVERYTHING related to HTDA was posted in their own website/forum, the same douchebags who cry and moan and complain would create an account there just to cry and moan an complain that it doesn't sound like The Downward Spiral, that they want NIN, that they deserve new NIN material because they're all Nº1 fans and blahblahblah. Basically: haters gonna hate

From a promotional point of view, it makes sense to advertise HTDA's releases here because those of us who like "Trent's sound" are more likely to enjoy his other projects (or at least get curious enough to check them out).

10/11/12 4:01 PM

Thoughts on what we are hearing? I bet the notorious swarmatron is in there,,,

• Battery
• VOX
• Guitar Drone (A# up to C)
• Bass Synth (A# down to C)
• (Without TR)- Distant Echo Piano (A# up to G)
• (With TR)- Distant Echo Piano (A# up to C back to A#)
• Vocal Synth
• Noise!
• Something hitting C (Fade in Fade out 8 hits) Plucked string or..?
• C, D, F, G - At 3:24 in the video. Either Piano or Guitar. I could use help with this one because I'm not sure if D, F is # or not. This is the only time an instrument hits something other than A# or C. I think.

8/8?
84 tempo?

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 10/11/2012 04:45PM by snaapz.

10/12/12 9:44 PM

i love mariqueen. i'm so glad you guys are a badass couple and can make beautiful music together (along with atticus and rob)! ! i will always and forever be a devout NIN fan, but it is so nice to hear similar music with such beautiful female vocals. i can't wait to see you guys live. smiling smiley

10/12/12 11:37 PM

Honestly I don't care much for this song. The textures are cool, but I feel like it is a bit flat; like it starts out at one level and never really elevates, which I think has been a problem with several HTDA songs, with the exception of "A Drowning" and "Fur-Lined." But still I think there's a bit too much "looping," and not enough progression. I like one big thing though: the fact that Trent is [clearly] singing again, by that I mean not just some faint backing vocals as here he is more of a compliment at the end of the song. Will I buy the EP, yes, because I have faith in my boy (and fellow TR) Trent. For HTDA, I'm not looking for Head Like A Hole or Eraser or any of the heavy shit we all love, but just that connection, the emotion... that NIN has, which I haven't felt with HTDA. Maybe you do, but that's just me.

On another note, HTDA's signing with a major label does trouble me a bit. I can only hope that if Trent is gonna agree to a deal, he must feel like he got the longer end of the stick.

10/12/12 11:45 PM

HurtNoMore posted:
All hope is not lost. I remember listening to "The Day the World Went Away" single for the first time and thinking the album was gonna suck. This is a similarly weird single. As it turns out the Fragile was awesome, and TDTWWA kinda fit in the proper context of the album.

But to this day I can't understand why they released TDTWWA as the first single. It was an awful stand alone song.

That's funny, that was the song that made me want that album. But hell, I think that's the best NIN album anyways...

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 10.8.12: New s...
Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy