nin.com news 10.8.12: New single and upcoming EP from How to destroy angels.

Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >

10/12/12 11:58 PM

psss posted:
Not the type of music I prefer, but looking forward to hearing the EP/Album as a whole.

I feel the same way. But always, always, have love and support for all efforts. In just about a year I will have been a fan for 25 years! Holy COW Trent. It seems like only yesterday a few of us were driving from Graffiti(Pitt) to Newport(Cols) to Phantasy(Cle) to catch glimpses of performances from 'a rising star'...

10/13/12 8:04 AM

this is the begining of something very good and i cant wait to hear more

10/13/12 5:56 PM

Thank you Trent, Atticus, and Mariqueen. Waited for so long to hear a new song =)

10/14/12 4:14 AM

What the? Only 63 replies? What is this world becoming?

10/14/12 4:27 AM

as soon as i get some birthday/holiday gift money, i know now exactly where it's going to be used...

10/14/12 8:23 AM

SeanY posted:
Rightfully bored.

10/14/12 8:31 AM

just gave this a listen. the music was deep and driving. The subwoof was hypnotic. Good piece.

10/14/12 2:40 PM

I can't believe this page is actually updated. First time in almost a year!

10/14/12 8:58 PM

ROGUE STURGEON posted:
HurtNoMore posted:
All hope is not lost. I remember listening to "The Day the World Went Away" single for the first time and thinking the album was gonna suck. This is a similarly weird single. As it turns out the Fragile was awesome, and TDTWWA kinda fit in the proper context of the album.

But to this day I can't understand why they released TDTWWA as the first single. It was an awful stand alone song.

That's funny, that was the song that made me want that album. But hell, I think that's the best NIN album anyways...

Same here. I also got the single before The Fragile dropped,and pretty much loved it instantly- gave me fucking chills. TDTWWA is one of my all time favorite NIN songs. I chose lyrics from it as the centerpiece of my 2nd tatoo.

10/14/12 10:48 PM

votiVe posted:
Appreciation and gratitude for all who made this!!

Title makes me think of Bowfinger, which I know for certain was NOT the inspiration for this song hahaha...

http://www.blogcdn.com/blog.moviefone.com/media/2010/03/bowfinger-425a032910-fp.jpg
BTW, that is a hysterical movie!

10/14/12 10:50 PM

Oh, and I love the song!

10/15/12 9:15 AM

really looking forward to new htda

10/16/12 4:33 AM

A new song ! Great !
nice to see news on nin.com

10/16/12 8:50 AM

The Fragile Deluxe Edition. Thousands of fans are still waiting for that.

10/16/12 3:19 PM

Realizing we're all huge fans here; I'm really surprised at the number of negative and overly critical comments regarding this release. I love NIN, HTDA, Trent in any incarnation... There is such a great, uniqueness to his soundscapes - hard & fast / melodic & careful / deep & delicate. When Trent is makin music, there will always be some similarity in his various endeavors - it's the same man!

Considering that Trent has been involved in so much, I am actually amazed with the range of sound he has produced. Trent has also been consistently accessible and generous with his adoring fan base, even if some think that he owes us more music, more packages, more sounds, more, more, more. The man has a life too, he's given a lot - we as fans for 20+ years of his music output - maybe we owe him a little. Yes, we (I) have paid for every single release and Trent has made money - we have a great catalog of powerful and beautiful music that will last a life time. The man deserves time outside of the studio too! Everyone's gotta' recharge, breathe and live a little; that's also where new ideas come from.

I'm grateful for every new piece and effort, rather hear him moving forward creating new music, then spending time redoing, repackaging, remastering, etc. older material. Plenty of time for that later if the desire to push forward and create ever wanes.

I personally love this track (it's all subjective), but there are some tracks by HTDA / NIN / TR&AR / etc. I like less than others, but not going to waste time with negative comments putting it down (what purpose does that serve?).

Ultimately, it's art - we're all going to interpret differently. But what good comes from the negative comments? I say, let the artists wield his brush in anyway he wishes as long as he's still willing and able!

Peace!

10/16/12 6:14 PM

I like it. With more time I may love it.

10/16/12 6:36 PM

echoplex1970 posted:
The Fragile Deluxe Edition. Thousands of fans are still waiting for that.

The guy has 2 babies now. I don't see how he gets anything done. Be grateful for anything that comes out.

10/16/12 11:12 PM

Trent Reznor is married to a Woman and they made 2 little babies?

Privacy is important I've never known these things as a cold hard fact.

Well I'll tell you this he's a much better man than Marilyn Manson is.

I'm sure Mr. Reznor is tired of all the past negativity he want to be positive.

-TreyS

10/17/12 12:40 PM

Finally! It's awesome.

10/18/12 2:48 AM

dori_doreau posted:
SeanY posted:
Rightfully bored.

Maybe because there is nothing new here.

There was a definate differance between Pretty Hate Machine and Broken. This just sounds like everything else Trent and Atticus has done lately. Not asking to go back, just change it up.

10/18/12 5:59 AM

crosscrew posted:
dori_doreau posted:
SeanY posted:
Rightfully bored.

Maybe because there is nothing new here.

There was a definate differance between Pretty Hate Machine and Broken. This just sounds like everything else Trent and Atticus has done lately. Not asking to go back, just change it up.

Have to agree, currently have the fragile on and still love it to this day. I have listened to this twice and it bored me. I may get flamed for this but it's just my opinion. I am a huge nin fan just for the record

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2012 06:35AM by ds2000.

10/18/12 8:16 AM

I do have to agree, I've been waiting for The Fragile re-release. Ive always hoped for a complete collection.

10/18/12 5:46 PM

First remix:

Keep it Together (Dave Sitek remix)

It's interesting.

10/18/12 7:40 PM

"Keep it together" is quite disappointing. Mainly because of Mariqueen's whispering voice, but the music feels very half-baked. It's disappointing that T. Reznor seems to have gone against what he once believed, that being it's not about the money, but instead the art. It's obvious to me that the only reason he joined another label was to have a better marketing program put in place to get his music out there to more people, which there is nothing wrong with that. I'm all about capitalism. But my point is that he once stood for the art, as now it seems he is more about the dollar. Just my opinion.

10/18/12 8:10 PM

paperthin567 posted:
"Keep it together" is quite disappointing. Mainly because of Mariqueen's whispering voice, but the music feels very half-baked. It's disappointing that T. Reznor seems to have gone against what he once believed, that being it's not about the money, but instead the art. It's obvious to me that the only reason he joined another label was to have a better marketing program put in place to get his music out there to more people, which there is nothing wrong with that. I'm all about capitalism. But my point is that he once stood for the art, as now it seems he is more about the dollar. Just my opinion.

I'm not getting that vibe from him about resigning. I think he needs the money to continue making more music, and to get it out there. I could be wrong however.

10/18/12 9:01 PM

If anything, good or bad comments, I'm glad Trent is happily married with two children. The new song here is ok, but I wanted to hear something a little more upbeat, something rockin'. Someone earlier mentioned about when The Day The World Went Away and it was a strange first song from The Fragile. I remember the day it came out... Hopefully there will be songs where Mariqueen is screaming her ass off, and not always in a mellow voice.

10/18/12 9:27 PM

This is all kinds of awesome. Excellent track! Well done HTDA !!!

10/18/12 11:06 PM

TVT/Interscope/nothing all had great marketing ideas, for the most part. -TreyS

10/19/12 7:29 AM

Not feeling it. It just seems very repetitive and just never seems to blossom... I'm just hoping the E.P will have more diverse tracks, or this is gonna get very boring, very quickly.

10/19/12 11:36 AM

HTDA: you either LOVE it, or you HATE it... or you think it's OK...

P.S. also, since we got a free remix to go with the free single, COME ONNNNNNNNNN MULTITRACK... Trent could be all like, "here's a multitrack file. if you don't like the single, you can remix it until you do."

P.P.S. listened to the remix... it's definitely different than what i was anticipating, but it'll definitely be pretty killer on some good headphones...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2012 08:18PM by me0.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 10.8.12: New s...
Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy