nin.com news 10.8.12: New single and upcoming EP from How to destroy angels.

Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >

10/19/12 11:58 PM

I've been waiting a long time for this, and I'm very pleased. It's very "avant garde". Deep electro and percussion sound. Lyrics are improved since last ep. I'm stoked for the new ep, and can't wait for the Lp release either. Good things ahead. Some new NIN in the next year I hope as well.

I could say I'm a nin fan, but in truth, I'm a Trent Reznor fan. Whatever he puts out, I love it. I think a lot of negative comments on here are coming from people who are still stuck on "The Fragile". Hey we all love the Fragile, the deluxe sessions would be warmly received, but Trent is moving forward in his career and getting better with age. Personally I'd love a continuation of the "Ghosts" volumes. But this new HTDA, is everything I could have hoped for. It's contemporary, electro ambient, dark art music. Radiant with creativity and would have to placed in the "other" category. I really can't wait to hear the rest of it. Credit to everyone involved, but it's Trent's hand in this is what makes it something great.

10/18/12 10:48 PM

I'm sure its gold!

10/20/12 3:59 PM

Keeps getting better with every additional listening.

10/21/12 12:00 PM

I truly love this song (and the remix is also a nice alternative version). But as mentioned before you should play it on a nice sound machine to feel the song entirely.

Can"t wait to hear more from How to destroy angels_ !

10/21/12 6:36 PM

I brought some new freshness to the world of redundant chewed up music. Check out Stench of Lip on FB and reverbnation. I would love to have the Nothing record crew take a look at my music and help me make a engineered piece. I don't want money, I just what a person needs, a chance to record professionally. Take a look and google Stench of Lip. I started all of this because of musicians just like Trent. Thank you,
Kevin Peacock \,,/

10/21/12 8:57 PM

I just watched the video cassette The Doors, The Soft Parade 1991 in an interview by PBS on May 23, 1969 Jim Morrison spoke of
seeing someone in the then future with a room full of machines recording music by themselves well that person was Trent Reznor 1989.

-TreyS

10/22/12 12:09 AM

TreyS posted:
I just watched the video cassette The Doors, The Soft Parade 1991 in an interview by PBS on May 23, 1969 Jim Morrison spoke of
seeing someone in the then future with a room full of machines recording music by themselves well that person was Trent Reznor 1989.

-TreyS

In 1967 John Mayall released an album called Blues Alone. He played every instrument himself except from drums on a couple of tracks. Considering the time, and Trent used drum machines and electronics etc. he was before him.

10/22/12 6:46 AM

love ambient music like this, just the right amount of little sound layers here and there to keep it interesting, love the cool bass that goes throughout the song too grinning smiley

Looking forward to hearing more!

The female vocals really work with music, makes it creepy but chilled lol Reminds me of massive attacks "angel" or something.

And finally...hearing trents voice again on some new material! godly lol

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/22/2012 06:46AM by korbaink7.

10/22/12 7:14 AM

crosscrew posted:
TreyS posted:

-TreyS

In 1967 John Mayall released an album called Blues Alone. He played every instrument himself except from drums on a couple of tracks. Considering the time, and Trent used drum machines and electronics etc. he was before him.

And Trent had a lot of help with the overall sound on PHM. There is more than a dozen people listed in the credits.

10/22/12 1:23 PM

Yes, I'm fully aware thank you very much. Of course Jim Morrison didn't mean it 100% literally.

John Mayall in 1967 used instruments, not machines like Trent Reznor used in 1988 & 1989.

-TreyS

10/22/12 8:54 PM

I'm pretty sure a guitar is a machine

10/22/12 11:19 PM

A guitar is somewhat a machine, although not wholly it's not like the cotton gin or a large recording computer. It's an musical instrument.

10/23/12 1:31 AM

So considering the fact that he produced this himself also, how many machines do you think he needed just to record it? Remember this was a time of analogue.

10/23/12 10:52 AM

I just don't like MM's vocals. I feel like a traitor to a cause.

10/24/12 8:02 PM

I love Mariqueen's vocals!!!! Perfect, sultry, heavy but soft - moody! Actually, her vocals feel as if there delivered with such careful and restrained tone, it makes beautiful tension! Love how it works with all the HTDA tracks so far. I love this sound! Edgy yet smooth!

Someone posted they wanted to hear "Mariqueen screaming her ass off." Well, I can't say how it would sound or if it'd work, it's hard to know what 'ya haven't heard. But this is HTDA, not NIN lite - I love the Soundscape and her vocals are perfect, I believe. When a scream or two was needed, she's got a powerful range ref: "Is Your Love Strong Enough" and Trent through down great, powerful vocals to add the knockout notes!

I love HTDA, great chemistry here!

Peace!

10/25/12 4:39 AM

When/where will you be able to order this cd from? How much will it cost? I can't wait to hear it

10/25/12 8:27 AM

InvisibleLonelyGirl posted:
When/where will you be able to order this cd from? How much will it cost? I can't wait to hear it

It comes out on November 13th. You'll probably be able to order it off their site, or Amazon.

10/25/12 8:48 AM

Chris Vrenna's new Tweaker album, Call The Time Eternity, just came out. Its really good.

10/25/12 12:07 PM

Awesome song...like tha creepy feel to it....u cease to amaze me trent

10/25/12 2:18 PM

On the first listen or two, or on the surface, I can see how one might call this track boring or simple. But after a few listens, or if you listen more closely, I think it's actually one of the most subtle pieces Trent has made and it's also perfectly measured. Perfect balance between funk and beauty.

Stoked for the EP in a few weeks!!!

10/29/12 7:06 PM

Nice

10/29/12 11:30 PM

On topic: I think it's a strange choice for a lead single, but it's a really gorgeous song, and I can't wait for the full EP.
And the lyrics are transcribed here: [www.ninwiki.com][/quote]

Legend! thanks I was just about to ask if there had been lyrics posted up smiling smiley

I feel the need to paint something to this song...

10/30/12 7:48 AM

^Thanks

He has a message waiting for me
But I don't wanna hear
I promise
I swear
I can't
I can't keep it together

The I can't keep it together part, is…

• The she saying this about herself to her self?
• Is she telling the voice that she can't keep it together?
• Is the voice saying that he can't keep it together?
• Is the voice telling her that she can't keep it together?

Does this have any reference to We're in this together? Should we even relate HTDA with NIN, at all?

I'm eager to move forward and hear some more of the story. It's been quiet on our side.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/01/2012 08:24AM by snaapz.

10/31/12 1:09 PM

Happy Halloween to Nine Inch Nails! You are the Perfect Drug, the Perfect Drug, the Perfect Drug! 1996-1997 nothing

-TreyS

10/31/12 1:43 PM

...don't know...

10/31/12 1:48 PM

Sounds like the lyrics from Discipline.

Funny, I thought he was saying " I CAN keep it togeather. "

Even though i think it sounds like Trent's lyrics, i bet he'd refrain from referencing his NIN material in HTDA.

10/31/12 2:03 PM

HurtNoMore posted:
Sounds like the lyrics from Discipline.

Funny, I thought he was saying " I CAN keep it togeather. "

Even though i think it sounds like Trent's lyrics, i bet he'd refrain from referencing his NIN material in HTDA.

lol

11/01/12 8:08 AM

I'm liking the new direction T.R. is taking; it kind of reminds me of Massive Attack's "Flat Of The Blade" (another great tune.)

11/01/12 9:37 AM

That answers my "Something hitting C (Fade in Fade out 8 hits) Plucked string or..?" question! Also an interesting machine seen, sliding a guitar pic along it...

Initial thought:

A very serious video, they appear to have a strong connection with the instruments & themselves in this vid. Good job Rob. MQ is amazing. It's as though they are channeling music; nothing but mind1, body and machine in this video

Makes me miss MTV & Much Music.

1. perception beyond ordinary

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 10.8.12: New s...
Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy