nin.com news 10.8.12: New single and upcoming EP from How to destroy angels.

Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >

11/01/12 9:55 AM

Rob is awesome. No doubt aboout it. The lighting was perfect, and so was his use of background bokeh.

11/01/12 11:08 AM

aye, labios bonitos.

organic, even with all those darned machines. loved when they panned out, the two love birds doing their thang, two dudes backing them up - that's how it looked. the video seemed to match the rhythm of the song, with the cuts. the obvious thing to say is that this song and a live performance aren't the best fit. but i reckon they're too cool for skool. damned cool kids.

no, thanks, love, awesome!!

11/02/12 11:47 AM

Keep it together (Factory Floor remix)

http://soundcloud.com/howtodestroyangels/keep-it-together-factory-floor

README (News Article)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/02/2012 11:56AM by snaapz.

11/03/12 6:02 AM

impressive.

11/04/12 10:38 AM

snaapz posted:

...for being in the place to be.

11/05/12 6:27 PM

Sorry but, there's no melody? It's just a bit too flat, I can't feel the emotion or energy.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/05/2012 06:29PM by Lunesis.

11/06/12 12:14 AM

Lunesis posted:
Sorry but, there's no melody? It's just a bit too flat, I can't feel the emotion or energy.

you tried headphones? What are you listening to it on?

11/06/12 12:39 AM

I like it, but it would be 10,000 times better with young full of hate Trent behind the mic!

11/06/12 8:38 AM

Its been almost a month and only 128 replies?

11/06/12 2:50 PM

Alexander_Blanco posted:
Lunesis posted:

you tried headphones? What are you listening to it on?

Yeah, I am always on my Sennheiser 598s. Not to be that guy but ever since he swore off chords and harmonies after the Fragile (why?) the productions felt a lot colder and lost some of their emotional edge. I really like what he did with the Zoo station cover, it was warm and inviting and gave me some nostalgic tinglies. I also liked The cover they did on tgwtdt, Mari felt like she was singing from her heart, I could feel the forward push in that song, even brought me to tears. Fur Lined was good too, it had that fun funkiness and bass line that gave it some personality, something you could get excited about. This too me feels more like the vocals are disconnected from the music which is basically a dark ambient soundscape. Nothing wrong with that per se but it didn't have a sum that was more than it's parts IMO. The beat didn't drive, the vox almost atonal, no build except for the ambient thing at the end, but after that it just kind of fizzled. Still looking forward to the EP, if it has one song I can get inspired by it's worth it.

11/06/12 4:34 PM

I'm hoping that this EP will offer us the "types" of tracks that the fragile offered us...at least one single, a deep cut, and a good quiet track. Hopefully a really good closing track (outro). Those usually resonate with me, especially with Trent's work.

11/06/12 4:48 PM

solamente un semana mas! stoked for new music, but all things considered, i think we've gotten a bit spoiled as NIN fans. Trent's been wildin' since about 04 or so, the pinnacle being that academy award. i'm a prick, but i also realize we're lucky NIN fans these days. compare nowadays to the 90's. it's the golden age! plus that last one was truly a masterpiece. have some perspective before you hate!

11/06/12 11:12 PM

ty Lunesis, you summed up nicely...

(i would love to hear both mari and sarnes and tr do a tri-pendulum vocal trapeze)

....i think the dynamic would be legendary, but its prob only in my head that this makes any sense....

cathartic requiem?

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/07/2012 03:12AM by Dauphine.

11/07/12 2:50 AM

I was too little in the 1990s but we had way more Nine Inch Nails in the last decade of the 20th century!

Nine Inch Nails fans have not been spoiled lately, in the last 4 years since 2008 or has it been 5 years?

11/07/12 2:11 PM

eh, you're right, damn it. yet again your eloquence slays. well put. i think i was just high. hehe. my bad.

11/07/12 3:07 PM

In between The Downward Spiral 1994 and The Fragile 1999 we were greatly spoiled, remix albums, videos, singles, soundtracks, concerts.

I have that record album of Molly Hatchet 1978 with your thumbnail image of the Horsman of War, it's a great beer drinking record! smiling smiley

11/08/12 9:06 AM

[pitchfork.com]

Listen to it nao on pitchfork!

Oddity from the chorus of the final song, Speaking in Tongues:

speaking in tongues
this has begun
i am the end of it all
we have become
zeroes and ones
i am the end of it all

Year Zero?

11/08/12 10:02 AM

without;teeth posted:
http://pitchfork.com/news/48516-stream-how-to-destroy-angels_-an-omen-ep/

Listen to it nao on pitchfork!

Oddity from the chorus of the final song, Speaking in Tongues:

speaking in tongues
this has begun
i am the end of it all
we have become
zeroes and ones
i am the end of it all

Year Zero?

I think what he is saying is: The Whole EP is there on pitchfork!

[pitchfork.com]

11/08/12 3:06 PM

Keep it Together continues to grow on me. Now I can see why it was used as a single. It's definitely the most accesible one on the EP.
Ice Age is now my new favorite song. One gets the feel of a folk song at first. The lyrics and singing here were so, so beautiful. This song brought me back to A Drowning when I was totally smitten with HTDA. Perfect track, you guys.
On the Wing initially sounded kind of like Radiohead to me, but funkier. I thought it was very pretty. It would be interesting to hear how the lyrics were written on tracks where both Trent and Mariqueen are singing together. At any rate, I really enjoyed the lyrics as a whole on the EP.
My first impression with The Sleep of Reason produces Monsters is that maybe an upbeat track would've been better here for the flow of the album. But at the end when we hear "wake up" and then what we get next made me realize that they were building up the tension for a big release.
And a big release indeedy! Man, this track was right up my alley. Second favorite. A fucking colassal beat. Get onto the dance floor, bitches! I felt like if Beside you in Time and WTF fucked this would be their baby. Maybe it's just my interpretation, but I felt some mystical meaning behind the lyrics, like in Beside you in Time. Beautiful.
And speaking of Saul Williams, The Loop Closes initially reminded me of Skin of a Drum. When the lyrics kicked in I was kind of reminded of Maynard. Maybe one could describe it as anciently funky. African? I also liked the distorted guitar. During this track I spoke with Satan and he told me he gives it a big thumbs up.

Overall, LOVED it. Thanks so much, you guys. Anyone who hates on this EP should go suck on a bum's asshole. It's awesome art, period.
I felt like I was going deeper and deeper down a rabbit hole as the EP progressed. A fun listening experience.

Congratulations. LOVE!!!

11/09/12 10:01 AM

Can't wait to actually BUY this album. Most of the time I just torrent my music, but Trent's work is the exception for me. I'm more than happy to support NIN and HTDA. I hope the music keeps on coming!

11/09/12 9:31 PM

Actually quite like the rest of the EP so far, Ice Age feels like some quirky Fragile era music (but more minimalistic) and grabs me with it's imaginative instrumentation. Mari's voice really shines here too. Just starting On the Wing.. this is the kind of music I wanted... nice work guys!

p.s. Hope Trent is having a great time with his new family, he deserves it! Thanks for sticking with us for all these decades.. thanks for everything!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/09/2012 09:38PM by Lunesis.

11/10/12 8:34 AM

I hate this with all of my heart. Trent Reznor, you have spit in my face. Fuck you.

11/10/12 11:52 AM

AmosMustDie posted:
I hate this with all of my heart. Trent Reznor, you have spit in my face. Fuck you.

Hard to see how HTDA giving us a free preview of their music amounts to a spit in the face...

11/10/12 1:34 PM

HurtNoMore posted:
AmosMustDie posted:

Hard to see how HTDA giving us a free preview of their music amounts to a spit in the face...
Didn't you know? All music produced by Trent is both made for and paid for by AmosMustDie

11/10/12 2:10 PM

Not to be offencive:

Alexander_Blanco posted:
Can't wait to actually BUY this album. Most of the time I just torrent my music, but Trent's work is the exception for me. I'm more than happy to support NIN and HTDA. I hope the music keeps on coming!

Wouldn't it be the time to differentiate a few things...NIN and HTDA for example... being honest...everything post NIN doesn't fucking work: comes like overconcentrated, extrem wanted I-have-to-change-the-direction and a I-have-to-be-progressive and I-want-this-post-anti-minimalistic-shit, nearly pretty crystal clearapropos: crystal clear, ja genau!
TSN-Ost: okay TGWTDT: meinetwegen..but HTDA______

_nun well, there should be reasons for that.

LOVEz anyway!

11/10/12 9:04 PM

Who or What is AmosMustDie ? Are they Tori Amos haters? She was really hot! smiling smiley don't be hating AmosMustDie!

I'm not a Tori Amos fanatic but I like her for her, shes just so dreamy! -TreyS

11/10/12 9:10 PM

xcore posted:
Not to be offencive:

Alexander_Blanco posted:

Wouldn't it be the time to differentiate a few things...NIN and HTDA for example... being honest...everything post NIN doesn't fucking work: comes like overconcentrated, extrem wanted I-have-to-change-the-direction and a I-have-to-be-progressive and I-want-this-post-anti-minimalistic-shit, nearly pretty crystal clearapropos: crystal clear, ja genau!
TSN-Ost: okay TGWTDT: meinetwegen..but HTDA______

_nun well, there should be reasons for that.

LOVEz anyway!

I'm not offended, but I disagree, and I don't care what works for other people. I like HTDA's music. I don't think any of those oh-so-many adjectives that you used describes their work either. I don't think Trent is "trying to be progressive". I just think a person can't and doesn't stay the same and this can be said about their music or music choices. If I didn't like Trent's new projects or his current artistic direction, then I wouldn't be interested in it..but I happen to think that his talent is still there..if you don't like it, I'm at least glad that you're a fan of his older music. Rock on, missy.

LOVEz right back at ya, lady.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/10/2012 09:12PM by Alexander_Blanco.

11/11/12 1:29 PM

i got new htda ep on one screen and new TR score on the other. and who said we're not spoiled these days? trey? you rascal, you!

11/11/12 2:27 PM

Alexander_Blanco posted:
xcore posted:
[...]

[...]..but I happen to think that his talent is still there..[...].

LOVEz right back at ya, lady.

u're welcome, *he

11/11/12 7:23 PM

Excited when I read the announcement, since then in the back of my mind I know that the new music is coming, it's coming, it's coming sometime. And then 5 minutes ago I realized - Holy Shit! It's coming this Tuesday!

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 10.8.12: New s...
Page: <  1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy