nin.com news 11.13.12: New EP release from How to destroy angels_

Page:  1 2 3 4 >

11/13/12 3:45 PM

trent reznor posted:
The new EP release from How to destroy angels_ (Mariqueen Maandig, Trent Reznor, Atticus Ross, Rob Sheridan) is now available everywhere on digital and 12" vinyl.

The EP is a $5 download in MP3 or lossless formats direct from the band's website. It's also available on iTunes, Amazon, and streaming services. You can listen to the EP in its entirety via HTDA's Soundcloud page.

link to direct download of EP art/credits PDF: [t.co]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 04:44PM by SwimFin.

11/13/12 4:00 PM

thanks for the new music, i love it!

EDIT [Nov. 15th]: VINYL'S HERE, YAY!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/15/2012 12:12PM by blastlocket.

11/13/12 4:27 PM

woopee

11/13/12 4:43 PM

Was really hoping for an LP from HTDA by this point.But, oh well.....Great music!!

11/13/12 4:49 PM

Downloading from iTunes at this moment and cannot wait to listen to it all!

11/13/12 6:33 PM

So happy to have another HTDA EP! Can't wait for more. Can't wait to buy it. Love what I've heard!

11/13/12 8:57 PM

Thanks Trent and crew, just got it. smiling smiley

11/13/12 10:23 PM

I'm happy to see it's on vinyl record! smiling smiley but still no new Nine Inch Nails yet? sad smiley -TreyS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/13/2012 10:24PM by TreyS.

11/14/12 7:00 AM

At first I didn't like the new sound but it really grows on you due to the depth of sounds and range of music styles.

Its a bit like the perfect circle records one being the right side of the brain and one being the left (more trippy & weird).

The most amazing thing I can say is it sounds almost nothing like nin or anything trents done before which must be a mission in its self.

On a side note the the black ops theme rocks so bad.

Plus trents working with Queens one of my other fav bands so happy days

11/14/12 3:02 PM

I visited my local record store today and I saw this new EP on vinyl on display. It's nice to see it in stores, keep up the physical copies! smiling smiley

11/14/12 3:42 PM

now that i've gotten to listen to the EP a gazillion times and archive the digital formats i've received, i can get back to playing my fave NIN stuff...

time to go rip Year Zero again... oh wait, i have Spotify, duh!

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/17/2012 04:04AM by blastlocket.

11/15/12 11:01 AM

We need a full album now! EP's are too short! More music please!

11/15/12 6:41 PM

Great EP!

'The Loop Closes' gave me goosebumps!

11/15/12 10:08 PM

Love the artwork on HTDA.com you guys have always had great photos with cool effects. Much appreciated. Oh and the music rocks too.

11/15/12 11:03 PM

jeez enough already! Is there ever going to be another nin album?
trent, you need to shit or get off the pot and quit making all this movie score b.s. and side projects with the wifey! Your in love, your life is better, I FUCKING GET IT!
I miss solo trent from the 90's. Oh well that's just my fucking opinion.

11/16/12 12:33 AM

This EP rocks so much.

You know what would be really really awesome? The multi-tracks.

Particularly for the tracks "Speaking in tounges" and "The loop closes". Yes. That would be cosmic.

Of course if we happen to get all the multi-tracks then I would have to rob a bank, because I would have to quit my job, because I would have to stay all day long in my room doing remixes. It is some sort of addiction.

smiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 12:35AM by metal_ghost.

11/16/12 5:25 AM

nickp405 posted:
jeez enough already! Is there ever going to be another nin album?
trent, you need to shit or get off the pot and quit making all this movie score b.s. and side projects with the wifey! Your in love, your life is better, I FUCKING GET IT!
I miss solo trent from the 90's. Oh well that's just my fucking opinion.

With all due respect, don't whine-- it makes the rest of us fans look bad. It's a process. The man has a life, and it's that life that's made the music that you beg for. If you miss '90s NIN, then go listen to those tracks...Simple.

Also, his OST stuff is fantastic. If you're jonesing for an current Downward Spiral track, the theme for "Tetsuo the Bullet Man" has some similarities. I'm still getting used to HTDA, but such is the case with new things.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 05:32AM by jsvalen3.

11/16/12 7:35 AM

Love most everything of tr, this falls flat. Looking for the sound of NIN with some evolution, however I think this is headed in wrong direction, nothing you would hear on the radio, etc. I Look to TR as an inspiration as I to struggle with addiction. Clean and sober doesn't have to sound so bad. I hope to get the best of TR/NIN with what will probably be its last album. I Have lived and breathed NIN for 20 years. I wish all the best to TR and his family.

11/16/12 4:53 PM

@jsvalen3, Im not whining, I just miss the original sound of NIN. When there's so much crap on the music scene today that you cannot even really call music, NIN always standed out to me. Ive been a fan since the early 90's and miss those throbbing modular synths mixed with dx7's and over synthesized turbo synth arpeggios from an early mac. Trent if you read this which I dont expect you to as Im only one of thousands of pee on fans out there, ( but dedicated) Bring us back some good ol NIN! Your not on tour anymore and do not have to be stuck with your mediocre mobile setup. Its time to dust off the shaltwerk
and minimoog, and blow away anything out there again!

11/16/12 5:08 PM

now that my irrational enthusiasm has subsided, i'm surprised to find that Keep it Together is my favorite track off the EP. that song is SOLID. HTDA kicks ass when it comes to more standard type songs, like The Space in Between, A Drowning, and this latest hit. the other stuff is fun at first, but they're not classics, in my opinion.

but on the other side of it, i would imagine making song after song in a standard vein would get BORING. ya gotta have some fun wid it. just my feedback. good luck with future endeavors. cheers.

11/16/12 8:29 PM

good, now he can hopefully get back to making some new NIN.

11/16/12 8:52 PM

I think trent reznor + emeralds would sound amazing!!!!!!

+

11/16/12 11:10 PM

maybe Trent Reznor could join up with Tori Amos sometime? because they both hit it real big in the real early 1990s. -TreyS

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/16/2012 11:11PM by TreyS.

11/17/12 6:13 AM

Why isn't the cd itself available to buy online, like the previous album was? I want to buy the physical cd itself not download it or buy it on vinyl... sad smiley

11/17/12 10:31 AM

InvisibleLonelyGirl posted:
Why isn't the cd itself available to buy online, like the previous album was? I want to buy the physical cd itself not download it or buy it on vinyl... sad smiley
They're not releasing this EP on CD, period.

11/17/12 3:56 PM

Sheepdean posted:
InvisibleLonelyGirl posted:
They're not releasing this EP on CD, period.

unleeeeeeeeeeessssssss... they decide to surprise us at some point and be all like "BAM! here it is... you asked for it so here you go." but they probably aren't too likely to do that... one can only hope though...

11/17/12 4:11 PM

I think, all of this complaining about a lack of CD will probably spur them to ensure the LP is on CD, but I think it's too late now to get An Omen onto the format too.

11/18/12 4:00 PM

Why the fuck is there no disc version of The Omen? ... I really like Ice Age and On the Wing, (and to a lesser extent The Sleep of Reason Produces Monsters and The Loop Closes), but I really have no desire to purchase a fucking digital version, and vinyl does me no good...

And this is completely ignoring the fact that you stated the next HtDA release would be a full length LP, with a physical release and a free (lossy) digital option... Not to mention you've been stringing us along with "new NIN soon" for four years and a mythical follow up to Year Zero for five...

11/18/12 6:47 PM

How in the WORLD can you people be so cruel? Trent is a living, breathing human being. He has likes and dislikes, hopes and fears, love and pain. He makes music that HE wants to make, and he doesn't make it for YOU. Believe it or not, he didn't make it for YOUR drug addiction or when YOUR girlfriend left you.
If mr reznor wishes to make a film score, the man can make a film score. He won a fucking OSCAR for one of them. Believe it or not, there MAY be parts of his life that aren't about YOU! REMEMBER. The man who made all this music that has enhanced your lives all these years DOES read some of your hateful little posts. And guess what! HE HAS FEELINGS.
Niggas want my old shit, buy my old album
Niggas stuck on stupid, I gotta keep it movin'
- Jay Z

The EP is fucking AWESOME, Trent. It's damn sure different from the first one...leaning slightly in the direction of, dare i say, the namesake of htda? PLEASE don't let these fuckheads slow your musical aspirations . I've been with you since Broken, and i'm damn sure not the only one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 11/18/2012 07:01PM by elevenism.

11/19/12 9:27 AM

Are any of these multi-tracks going to be uploaded to remix.nin.com? Can't wait to see all of the derivatives of these already wonderful tracks.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 11.13.12: New ...
Page:  1 2 3 4 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy