ITT: Embarassing things involving NIN

Page:  1 2 3 >

01/15/09 4:51 PM

I listened to suck probably 100 times before i actually heard the last 4 lines. I guess it was just never loud enough, but when i noticed it I was like wtf sweet. Anyone else got odd stories like this?

08/06/09 3:57 PM

YES! I was hoping that there was a thread like this somewhere! I do have a slightly amusing anecdote to share! One morning when I was making my bed, I accidenly hit the picture of me, my sister, and Trent and co. off my bedside table. And I said, OUTLOUD, "I'm sorry Trent!" LOL. Yes, I love him THAT much! LOL grinning smiley Well, I guess that's not really embarassing.

I have another, though! When I first heard "Closer," I never knew what he was saying after the second chorus. "Through the forests, above the trees, within my stomach, scraped off my knees, I drink the honey inside your hive, you are the reason I stay alive." How I couldn't hear/understand that, I have no idea. LOL.

08/06/09 5:01 PM

AlwaysDownInIt posted:
I have another, though! When I first heard "Closer," I never knew what he was saying after the second chorus. "Through the forests, above the trees, within my stomach, scraped off my knees, I drink the honey inside your hive, you are the reason I stay alive." How I couldn't hear/understand that, I have no idea. LOL.

HA! So I'm not the only one who didn't initially notice that was there? I didn't hear any of that until I really started getting into NIN and listening all the time, and I think even then I didn't notice until I came across the printed lyrics somewhere and realized I never remembered hearing those words anywhere.

Kourt will NOT let me live that down. She thinks I must be deaf.

08/06/09 5:14 PM

ah, you're not the only one and I'm actually Deaf smiling smiley

Glad I wasn't the only one who missed that. Did he even sing that in the song? I still cannot hear it.

My embarrassing moment?

recording closer, singing to the instrumental and finding later that my brother told my father I had a youtube video of it. I was just having fun and didn't think about the fact that I was a woman singing " you let me penetrate you ".

Needless to say I shamed my family and removed the video.

and I'm now back in my fathers good graces.

I wonder how trent can sing the stuff he does knowing full well his mom and dad hear it.

oh, I forgot...he's famous for it.

not a nobody like me smiling smiley

S.

08/07/09 11:24 AM

[quote=jayetheartist][/quote]HA! So I'm not the only one who didn't initially notice that was there? I didn't hear any of that until I really started getting into NIN and listening all the time, and I think even then I didn't notice until I came across the printed lyrics somewhere and realized I never remembered hearing those words anywhere.

Kourt will NOT let me live that down. She thinks I must be deaf.[/quote]

Ahhh, I know! When I finally relized that those lyrics were there, I as like, "Oh, well, all right! The song is even MORE awesome then I thought!" LOL. Oh, and this is kinda off topic, but I REALLY like your avatar. Whenever I see it, I giggle. "Bitch, please!" LMFAO. grinning smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/07/2009 11:26AM by AlwaysDownInIt.

08/07/09 1:26 PM

I don't have a godamn clue what he says in "Meet Your Master".....where it sounds like "godamn julian" I dunno wtf confused smiley never bothered to actually look it up LOL

08/07/09 1:29 PM

come down to the end, gonna make it come faster

I THINK. I cba checking, Trent???

08/07/09 10:19 PM

It's COUNT DOWN to the end.

ninwiki.com is your friend, everybody.

08/08/09 8:00 AM

The faint of heart need not read further.

I was a pathology resident on the first day of my rotation at the morgue. The Chief medical Examiner was conducting rounds, and I was a bit nervous because it was the field I wanted to practice and I wanted to make a good first impression. Second body we look at was a motor vehicle accident victim, and there was an open head wound with a broken CD sticking out of the brain. Chief said to the group, "what's this, and what is its significance?" I immediately said the disk is the Downward Spiral by NIN, recognizable by its artwork, and it essentially brought *industrial* music into the mainstream and its a fucking masterpiece. Dead silence in the room, as everyone looked at me. Cue crickets. I then said, oh and its a laceration on the back of the head from an open skull fracture, indicating that the decedent was a rear sear unbelted passenger who was propelled forward when the car he was riding in was struck from behind at a high rate of speed, and his head was ultimately stopped when it struck the CD player in the dash. The Chief then looked at the cop who was investigating the accident, and he said "yup, that's 100% correct". The Chief then asked my name and said I'm gonna have a bright future in forensics.

This incident has become legend at my office, and the day I signed my contract to stay on staff the Chief presented me with a framed copy of the autopsy photo of the CD. I would have had the band sign it at one of the meet and greets I attended this summer, but I didn't want to lug it around AND I didn't want to creep them out by a CD with brains on it.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/08/2009 08:00AM by fleighing.

08/09/09 3:17 PM

fleighing posted:
he faint of heart need not read further.

I was a pathology resident on the first day of my rotation at the morgue. The Chief medical Examiner was conducting rounds, and I was a bit nervous because it was the field I wanted to practice and I wanted to make a good first impression. Second body we look at was a motor vehicle accident victim, and there was an open head wound with a broken CD sticking out of the brain. Chief said to the group, "what's this, and what is its significance?" I immediately said the disk is the Downward Spiral by NIN, recognizable by its artwork, and it essentially brought *industrial* music into the mainstream and its a fucking masterpiece. Dead silence in the room, as everyone looked at me. Cue crickets. I then said, oh and its a laceration on the back of the head from an open skull fracture, indicating that the decedent was a rear sear unbelted passenger who was propelled forward when the car he was riding in was struck from behind at a high rate of speed, and his head was ultimately stopped when it struck the CD player in the dash. The Chief then looked at the cop who was investigating the accident, and he said "yup, that's 100% correct". The Chief then asked my name and said I'm gonna have a bright future in forensics.

This incident has become legend at my office, and the day I signed my contract to stay on staff the Chief presented me with a framed copy of the autopsy photo of the CD. I would have had the band sign it at one of the meet and greets I attended this summer, but I didn't want to lug it around AND I didn't want to creep them out by a CD with brains on it.

jajaja oh my god!, it sounds a little improbable but if it's true that's freakin' awesome men, I bet that if you told him the story, Trent wouldn't mind signing the CD!.

08/09/09 3:31 PM

fleighing posted:
Chief said to the group, "what's this, and what is its significance?" I immediately said the disk is the Downward Spiral by NIN, recognizable by its artwork, and it essentially brought *industrial* music into the mainstream and its a fucking masterpiece. Dead silence in the room, as everyone looked at me. Cue crickets. I then said, oh and its a laceration on the back of the head from an open skull fracture, indicating that the decedent was a rear sear unbelted passenger who was propelled forward when the car he was riding in was struck from behind at a high rate of speed, and his head was ultimately stopped when it struck the CD player in the dash.

good FSM, i laughed so hard i woke my flatmate (it's close to midnight here) and scared my cat http://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u323/dorismiles/happy/dielaughing.gifhttp://i516.photobucket.com/albums/u323/dorismiles/happy/dielaughing.gif

08/09/09 3:52 PM

I've still never heard the couple of lyrics in A Warm Place, and its one of my favourite songs...

08/09/09 4:04 PM

fleighing posted:
Chief said to the group, "what's this, and what is its significance?" I immediately said the disk is the Downward Spiral by NIN, recognizable by its artwork, and it essentially brought *industrial* music into the mainstream and its a fucking masterpiece. Dead silence in the room, as everyone looked at me. Cue crickets. I then said, oh and its a laceration on the back of the head from an open skull fracture, indicating that the decedent was a rear sear unbelted passenger who was propelled forward when the car he was riding in was struck from behind at a high rate of speed, and his head was ultimately stopped when it struck the CD player in the dash. The Chief then looked at the cop who was investigating the accident, and he said "yup, that's 100% correct". The Chief then asked my name and said I'm gonna have a bright future in forensics.

That is an absolutely *insane* story!

08/09/09 4:04 PM

fleighing posted:

If that is true, it's the most awesome story ever. What a cool way to bite the dust... we all die eventually, so why not go out with a NIN CD lodged into your frontal lobe? grinning smiley

08/09/09 6:20 PM

Oh, its true. I'm a forensic pathologist in Detroit and have seen some of the craziest shit ever. Besides, I couldn't make up something THAT goodsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 11:23AM by fleighing.

08/10/09 7:23 PM

Calderon08 posted:
I don't have a godamn clue what he says in "Meet Your Master".....where it sounds like "godamn julian" I dunno wtf confused smiley never bothered to actually look it up LOL

I thought he said that exact phrase, also. I kept thinking, 'Who the fuck is Julian?"

One of my stories is that I never heard that weird high-pitched droning that lasts for a few seconds in The Wretched until just recently (it happens at about :28 seconds in and pops up every few seconds or so after that until the chorus).

08/10/09 9:35 PM

rhys_please posted:
I've still never heard the couple of lyrics in A Warm Place, and its one of my favourite songs...

"The best thing in life is knowing you put it together" Those are the lyrics in the beginning.

08/11/09 10:26 AM

fleighing posted:

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAA!!!!!!!!!!

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

OK, I feel v. sorry for the person who died, but that story had me CRYING with laughter over here!!

(You sure we aren't related? Coz that's EXACTLY the kind of stoopid thing I'd come out with!!!)

grinning smiley

08/11/09 10:52 AM

fleighing posted:

i´m also sorry for the dead person but...
..what a story :-)

do you all know the scene at the movie "final destination 3" when the girl at the construction market gets shot down by this nailgun, large nails over nails in her head and arm? what to say about that at the pathology?

something like "this is a deadly head injury induced by nine inch nails... :-)

greetinx
gowron72

08/11/09 10:57 AM

Hey B-13,

If possible as a moderator, please pass that story on to Trent. I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

08/11/09 11:14 AM

PeedroPaula posted:

If possible as a moderator, please pass that story on to Trent. I'm sure he'd appreciate it!

HA. Good luck with thatsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/16/2010 11:24AM by fleighing.

08/11/09 11:15 AM

PeedroPaula posted:
Hey B-13,

No kidding!

08/11/09 11:21 AM

PeedroPaula posted:
Hey B-13,

I don't have any contact with Mr Trent, but I also hope like hell he gets as big a chuckle out of this story as we all did!!!

grinning smiley grinning smiley grinning smiley

08/11/09 1:29 PM

I actually meant to pass on the story only, not the brain-splattered cd (although my zombie-loving buddy would probably dig it tongue sticking out smiley).

08/11/09 2:39 PM

I don't have the CD, just the autopsy photo of it. The brain splattered CD WAS part of our museum of oddities that's in our office, in the section of strange shit recovered from bodies. But these display cases are broken into all the time and shit gets stolen, including this CD. Why, I don't know, as it was only about half the disk and thus unplayable and there are much more valuable stuff in that case. So all that's left is the framed photo in my office.

08/11/09 3:54 PM

Pretty cool anyway, and a great story!

BTW, I'm pretty sure I did read your post in the VIP Experience thread. I would have loved to see the look on Trent's face when you made that "unusal" offer.

08/15/09 6:11 AM

This thread has a lot of views and not a lot of posts, so everyone must like reading about embarrassing moments and either don't have any of their own or don't want to share. I personally LOVE embarrassing moments, so I will share one that actually DOESN'T involve dead bodies.

Last summer I had 2 Irish Wolfhounds, one was my *baby* that died at age 8 1/2 a few days before my summer LITS shows and the other was a 15 month old foster who went to her permanent home soon thereafter, and a Greyhound (rescued her in 2000 and she's still alive at age 14). Walking them was a nightmare as my Wolfhound tractor-pulled and the other two hounds walked like dreams but always got their leashes entangled. And given the square footage of these dogs and their collective weight, the amount of shit produced per walk was impressive. So I'm walking them one day last summer, wearing a Fragility shirt, when the foster Wolfhound saw a pheasant (yes, in the est side of Detroit we have trolling pheasants and peacocks--surreal), and she yanks to go chase. This action somehow sling-shot the plastic bag of five pounds of shit that was also in that hand right onto me. The bag breaks open and now said shit is stuck to and running down the front of (mostly) my shirt. Other than letting out a fuck fit at record volume I had NO options other than turn around and walk the ten blocks home. Wearing dog shit. As I'm walking back a car with 2 dudes pulls over and asks what kind of dogs the moose were (since they were a spectacle I got stopped AOTTime with them). They then say we love NIN and went to the WT shows. I LOVE talking about NIN live, so I get into a lengthy discussion about the shows. At the end of which one of the guys says I've seen a lot of NIN shirts before but I've never seen that one--where'd you get it? I tell then they don't recognize it because its covered with dog shit. They look in horror at my shirt and then at me, as they cannot fathom why I'd be out on a lovely afternoon covered with dog shit. That shirt got A Viking burial when I got home , I didn't even WANT to try and rescue it.

That foster Wolfhound also redecorated a bathroom for me, bless her heart. One night I hear a noise SO loud that I'm sure someone is breaking into my house. I grab my gun (sometimes have to carry one for work) and run downstairs. Said hound is standing in the living room with a cabinet door hanging from her collar. A pile of wood that used to be a cabinet is in my dining room. And the bathroom sink is now in the hallway. Apparently she went wandering and the cabinet door handle got stuck in her collar. No I didn't shoot her but I did get a kick-ass new sink and cabinet---without knobs.

08/15/09 6:25 AM

^^ I, for one, don't have any stories that even come close to yours in entertainment value. Not even close.

08/15/09 6:36 AM

jayetheartist posted:
^^ I, for one, don't have any stories that even come close to yours in entertainment value. Not even close.

If only I could have made this a scratch and sniff post.

08/15/09 12:40 PM

*poof*

This will be it for my embarrassing stories, I think I've given you guys enough entertainmentsmiling smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/16/2009 03:12PM by fleighing.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : ITT: Embarassing things inv...
Page:  1 2 3 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy