nin.com news 7.7.09: NEW FINAL NIN DATES!

Page: <  First... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 >

07/17/09 8:55 PM

bigjohn33 posted:
i screwed up on the echoplex captcha... tried a few more times there to no avail.

then i went out to the calendar section and tried other dates, wiltern was no dice, palladium got a hit, fonda no dice. i guess i'll do the wiltern public onsale and be happy with what i have.
same thing here smiling smiley,since I did not see the captcha was case sensitive, plus the amount of tickets would reset to 0

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 09:36PM by isar.

07/17/09 8:56 PM

There will be no public onsale for the NY or LA shows.

07/17/09 8:57 PM

All shows appear sold out 100%. Check the tour page!!

07/17/09 8:58 PM

cnanoski posted:

What happened? I thought they were releasing tix on 7/31 for the Paladium and Wiltern?

07/17/09 8:58 PM

I thought about this some more...and I really think there's no way to make everyone happy. The site could have done a lottery based on members of nin.com prior to the final tour date announcements...but those that didn't "win" the chance to buy a ticket would still be upset. What happened today was essentially the same thing. If you were able to get through, you won. If not, you have to wait for general public sales. The other thing to remember is that the capacity of these venues is much smaller than the band's fan base...so it's apparent that not everyone will be able to get tickets.

Someone will always be upset...you can't please everyone.

07/17/09 9:02 PM

Guess what even if the site worked perfectly you would still be crying that you did not get tickets.

Even if there were no scalpers, you would still be crying because you did not get tickets.

There are more fans then there are tickets. This is the reality get over it.

By the way this is the 4th presale where I have had 0 issues. I got tickets to both the Bowery and Webster and was finished by 5:04.

07/17/09 9:03 PM

Schneeboy posted:
cnanoski posted:

What happened? I thought they were releasing tix on 7/31 for the Paladium and Wiltern?

check the tour page, things have changed.

Not only that but it did not appear to be planned at the beginning of this years tour.
Shit - If that is what you did for 20 years how would you call it quits? It has to be tough.

PS If anyone has an extra ticket to a show in NYC I would be so appreciative!

07/17/09 10:05 PM

wooooooooooooo............................................................two tix each nite in chi........................................happy as a clam, but nervous as a whore in church on a sunday about all this. ive always had good luck w/ nin presales. i didnt think today was gonna be my day, but it was. i just refreshedvmy ass off till i got to the waiting area, whatever that was. ive never seen tat in numerous nin.com presales. any way at 5 central, iwas redirected to the appropriate page, i bought sat first, messed up twice on the secret code, got 2 tix anyway. immeadiatly pressed the buy more button on the bottom of the page, went in to get fri... got 2 there too. i think buying for saf first was the key. everyone was all jacked up over friday first. wooo9ooooooooooo6oooooo......................

07/17/09 9:07 PM

It was all luck of the draw. I got lucky and got two wiltern tickets. Not sure what I will do with the other ticket if I can't trade with someone for echoplex or Fonda, but I certainly won't be scalping. I don't think there is a "fair" way in all of this. A limited number of venues with limited capacity, before the tix went on sale today, people were already posting about it being a long shot.
I was trying for NY but wasn't in the right place, but I figured out how to get there to wait "in line" for chicago (with no luck ) and LA (with luck, even though I kept getting booted out of line) It was all just about right place at the right time and luck, but I totally understand all the frustration as that was how I felt trying to get NY and Chicago.

07/17/09 9:11 PM

I just checked the tour page and it says there is still a public sale on 31st for both Chicago shows and the two NYC shows at Terminal 5. WTF are you looking at?

07/17/09 9:22 PM

XTRA TICKET!!!!I BOUGHT TWO TICKETS TO THE ECHOPLEX SHOW... ONE FOR ME ... AND ONE FOR A TRUE NIN FAN WHO WASNT LUCKY ENOUGH TO GET A PRESALE TICKET.. I KNEW THERE WOULD BE A LOT OF PEOPLE WHO WOULD MISS OUT... I HATE SCALPERS ..FUCK THOSE GUYS WHO ARE TRYIN TO MAKE MONEY OF US HARD WORKING NIN FANS...I WILL ONLY ASK FOR THE 65 BONES I PAID FOR IT...I HOPE THIS WILL EMPTY THE POCKETS OF AT LEAST ONE PIECE OF SHIT SCALPER....JUST SEND ME A PRIVATE MESSAGE AND I WILL SEE WHO NEEDS THE TICKET THE MOST..ITS ONLY ONE..BUT ITS THE LEAST I COULD DO....THANKS

OH....AND DONT OFFER ME ANY MORE MONEY...I WONT TAKE IT OR CONSIDER IT....SO DONT THINK IT WILL HELP

07/17/09 9:23 PM

Looking for 1 ticket to an NYC show. Let me know if anyone is willing to sell.

07/17/09 9:26 PM

Calderon08 posted:
I just checked the tour page and it says there is still a public sale on 31st for both Chicago shows and the two NYC shows at Terminal 5. WTF are you looking at?

And the other NY shows and LA ones? earlier today they had a public onsale date too of 7/31. It has changed and seems to not be going to happen, for those shows anyhow.

07/17/09 10:28 PM

The Terminal 5 shows, both Chicago dates, the Hollywood Palladium, and Wiltern are not NIN.com exclusives. The public sale date for those shows is July 31.

The reason there aren't links to TicketBastard/Live Nation/whatever on the Terminal 5, Palladium, and Wiltern dates is because they haven't been posted to the ticketing sites yet. As soon as they are those links will be added to the first post in the respective thread.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 09:31PM by leo3375.

07/17/09 9:30 PM

Cnan, the Terminal 5 shows were always the only 2 NY shows with public sale dates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 09:32PM by ozzfan84.

07/17/09 9:33 PM

leo3375 posted:
The Terminal 5 shows, both Chicago dates, the Hollywood Palladium, and Wiltern are not NIN.com exclusives. The public sale date for those shows is July 31.

The reason there aren't links to TicketBastard/Live Nation/whatever on the Terminal 5, Palladium, and Wiltern dates is because they haven't been posted to the ticketing sites yet. As soon as they are those links will be added to the first post in the respective thread.

I stand corrected.

07/17/09 9:33 PM

ozzfan84 posted:
Cnan, the Terminal 5 shows were always the only 2 NY shows with public sale dates.

Ummm... No...

07/17/09 9:35 PM

leo3375 posted:

Thank you for the info!! Gives some of us a little hope for tickets still!

07/17/09 9:39 PM

funkwoman posted:
maybe we can bring the scalper mailboxes to their knees. imagine if all the disgruntled fans here offered them $1 for their scalped tickets? clearing 10,000 messages from email will take quite some time smiling smiley

Exactly, man. Let us take this one step further though - If NIN.com is so adverse to scalping, exactly what is being done about the ridiculous amount of tickets being flagrantly scalped on ebay, craigslist, stubhub etc etc? I've been a huuuggee fan for over 15 years, attempted to click on the site the nanosecond it turned 5:00pm and came up empty-handed. This system has only given more power to the scalpers who make it their business, literally, to get these tickets. It's a big FU to the fans. It could have been done in a much better way if the fans were the real concern here.

And what is this I hear about the Trent disengaging from Twitter? This is such incredible bullshit - Ten minutes after 5pm when I realized it was going to be hopeless, I checked into his Twitter page and got the "page doesn't exist" message. I find it hard to believe he was being harrassed into exile 10 minutes after the pre-sale - this is all phony posturing PR nonsense. He's a smart man, he knows what he's doing and our bitching and complaining on Twitter and here and the internet I'm sure is not hurting his feelings. He's got a life, he does not give a crap. And I'm sure he doesn't have time to read any of this stuff on the site anyway - Every once in awhile he'll post to make it seem like he's involved, but I'm sure the guy does not have time to spend hours sifting through what is essentially fan mail. It's all advertising.

This is the business of show, my friends. At this point, I'm so disappointed that I don't care to spend the energy even being disappointed. I'll play my cd's (yes, I said cd's) and remember the FREE surprise show for the fans he did in Irving Plaza around '96 that he announced the morning of that I called in sick to work to wait in line for and saw the most incredible show with Marilyn Manson and Meat Beat Manifesto from about five feet away - Now that was real fan appreciation. I'm so pissed off. Perhaps I do have some more energy to spend being disappointed. wah.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 09:58PM by kir1984.

07/17/09 9:40 PM

What are the odds that some people can't get in cuz of scalped tickets or not of age? Worth showing up at the venue in case? Do you think Trent will do anything to remedy this? Do another show. Release extra tickets? Fix the stupid fucking presale so that we have an honest chance?

I never thought Id wish for ticketmaster or livenation to be selling tickets exclusively. At least you would have a chance -since they don't crash - or could buy tickets without a name on them.

For a couple nerds, you would think Trent and Rob could figure out that when they release a free cd or sell tkts that the site is gonna crash.

Again, if anyone has a plus one, money is no object!

07/17/09 9:47 PM

^^ you're a douche. "Money is no object" People like YOU are the reason scalpers still exist.

There are a bunch of assholes who are complaining about scalpers but in other threads for the shows are offering top dollar for tickets. This place is so full of morons it saddens me. Why are there greedy people and scalpers? Cause of YOU. STFU about it or don't add to the problem.
And to you asshole nin.com users giving in to these people and selling for more than orig cost GTFO.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 09:52PM by Calderon08.

07/17/09 9:48 PM

Please...any of the LA shows. I don't think I've ever wanted anything more in my life! I did my best, and yet I'm sitting here empty-handed and miserable. If any tickets become available...please! I'll be indebted to you for life

07/17/09 9:50 PM

Oi there f****,
ok, got a ticket for Hollywood Palladium LA.
I need some info about that place, it would be appreciated!
(Among other things, where is it situated?)

Thankssss

07/17/09 9:53 PM

OMG - You guys have to come to Sydney, Australia for at least one show before you go on hiatus! Please?

07/17/09 9:54 PM

cnanoski posted:
ozzfan84 posted:

Ummm... No...

Ummm... Yes...

Bowery and Webster were always nin.com exclusives and Terminal 5 always had public onsale dates on 7/31.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 10:00PM by ozzfan84.

07/17/09 10:01 PM

You know suprisingly I was able to obtain tickets to the Wiltern show. I almost could not believe that I got them. I live in Austin TX thats really far from LA. But for NIN im just gonna have to deal with it. Never been to LA. Hopefully its a fun city.

07/17/09 10:06 PM

oh boy sad smiley i miossed this chance. I live in LA and when this was posted I was on my honeymoon and now all the tix are sold out. Well, I married the man of dreams and i got to see NIN in chula vista for the NINJA tour. So, i can't cry too much smiling smiley

07/17/09 10:07 PM

kolheiser posted:
What are the odds that some people can't get in cuz of scalped tickets or not of age? Worth showing up at the venue in case? Do you think Trent will do anything to remedy this? Do another show. Release extra tickets? Fix the stupid fucking presale so that we have an honest chance?

I never thought Id wish for ticketmaster or livenation to be selling tickets exclusively. At least you would have a chance -since they don't crash - or could buy tickets without a name on them.

For a couple nerds, you would think Trent and Rob could figure out that when they release a free cd or sell tkts that the site is gonna crash.

Again, if anyone has a plus one, money is no object!

High Five, my friend. Can I get a witness?! (And the Reznor will not be one of the witnesses because he does not read any of our sh*t, people - It is merely an illusion, so bitch all you want, be free. I have no life and I barely have time to read this crap - In fact, I've got to go somewhere and do something else right now. Look, I'm "waving goodbye"winking smiley

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/17/2009 10:07PM by kir1984.

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 7.7.09: NEW FI...
Page: <  First... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 >
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.

terms of use | privacy policy