The Fragile "Ultimate reissue" - 'Soon'

Page: <  First... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16...Last >

10/17/09 6:23 PM

so basically you're an idiot

10/17/09 6:39 PM

aaand the Light Of Supreme Knowledge shineth upon the fools once more!

10/17/09 6:41 PM

if tr put the nin stamp on a turd, i would buy this turd!

10/17/09 8:14 PM

By "remaster" we're likely just talking louder and more compressed on the CD side of things. No doubt there will be a surround sound mix of sorts. It would be interesting to see a binaural version to simulate surround properly on headphones, but I doubt that would ever happen for sake of demand, let alone the potential complexities of recording that way. Vinyl would be a bonus, especially coloured/patterned.

10/17/09 7:34 PM

Whiskers posted:
Rotation
The original version of Somewhat Damaged
What is this?

10/17/09 7:37 PM

ryanmcfly posted:
Whiskers posted:
Rotation
What is this?

It's the original version of Somewhat Damaged.

10/17/09 7:52 PM

CharmlessMan posted:
ryanmcfly posted:
Whiskers posted:
Rotation
What is this?

It's the original version of Somewhat Damaged.
I never heard of it. Is it without TDTWWA in it?

10/17/09 8:23 PM

paulb09 posted:
By "remaster" we're likely just talking louder and more compressed on the CD side of things. No doubt there will be a surround sound mix of sorts.

dunno why i have to keep bringing this up — TDS DE is more dynamic and has more headroom than the 1994 original. it's a better master. they did it right. they'll do it this time too.

ryanmcfly posted:
I never heard of it. Is it without TDTWWA in it?

you've never heard of it because no one else has, either. Rotation is either The Big Come Down or Just Like You Imagined — it's not SD because SD was listed on the same charts as Rotation. SD has one version.

10/17/09 8:37 PM

seasonsinthesky posted:
paulb09 posted:
By "remaster" we're likely just talking louder and more compressed on the CD side of things. No doubt there will be a surround sound mix of sorts.

dunno why i have to keep bringing this up — TDS DE is more dynamic and has more headroom than the 1994 original. it's a better master. they did it right. they'll do it this time too.

i think you have different ears than everyone else

10/18/09 12:15 AM

seasonsinthesky posted:
SD has one version.

It could be argued that it had another version, with different lyrics to the ending of the song to make it less confrontational.

10/18/09 12:22 AM

CharmlessMan posted:
The track listing is

All The Love In The World
You Know What You Are?
The Collector
The Hand That Feeds
Love Is Not Enough (different intro)
Non-Entity
EDIETS (Edit)
With Teeth
Only (different intro)
Getting Smaller
Not So Pretty Now
Sunspots
Home
The Line Begins To Blur
BYIT
Right Where It Belongs

I worked with a friend of mine on a revised WT. Our tracklisting was this:

1. Not So Pretty Now
2. Love Is Not Enough
3. You Know What You Are?
4. Everyday Is Exactly The Same
5. With Teeth
6. The Line Begins To Blur
7. Beside You In Time
8. Only
9. Getting Smaller
10. Sunspots
11. Deep*
12. The Collector
13. All The Love In The World
14. Right Where It Belongs (V2)
15. The Hand That Feeds (Rough)
16. Home
17. Non-Entity

We both came to the agreement that ATLITW wasn't the best way to start the album off. That's just our opinion, though.

Although WT wasn't a concept album in the end, we unintentionally set up a loose storyline with this tracklisting that I thought was kind of neat.

*Deep is on here because it is, at its very root, the earliest indication of what direction NIN was going to take on WT. I think Reznor once said that, when making "Deep," he wanted to make heavier stuff under the NIN name. It actually flows quite well after "Sunspots."

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 12:24AM by anunknownpresence.

10/18/09 1:28 AM

seeing_red, stop trolling.

10/18/09 12:57 AM

the definition of trolling here is pretty much when a person disagrees so excuse me if don't take the label very seriously

my take on the difference between TDS and TDS remaster in reply to seasons is valid, and if you look at the context of the difference of opinion beforehand, chasenine is being fairly silly and i think he knows it

so lighten up

10/18/09 1:07 AM

ahhh ahhh ahhh HOOKED ON A FEELING!!

10/18/09 2:06 AM

Ah, currently listening to The Fragile for the bajillionith time, this album hasn't aged at all and sounds like it could have been made today.

Things I want in the The Fragile deluxe edition:

1. High quality videos of the Still sessions
2. High quality videos of all the music videos
3. Huge Ghosts style art book, maybe even with new material from David Carson
4. Documentary on The Fragile, it's meaning, Trent's time working on it and the places he went to make the songs.
5. The AATCHB version of The Day The World Went Away in studio form

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/18/2009 02:06AM by Zanrook.

10/18/09 5:59 AM

I want a bonus-track named "The day when the whining went away" winking smiley

10/18/09 7:44 AM

I pray that appendage is on there!!

10/18/09 9:53 AM

seeing_red posted:
seasonsinthesky posted:
paulb09 posted:

thanks for proving it has greater headroom and is a better master? every song was louder on the original by a significant margin. i'm glad we agree!

10/18/09 1:32 PM

Well I'm not going to argue because this isn't the place to do it, but in the scheme of things the difference between the two is fairly small, and using my ears with my system at least (which isn't insane by any stretch of imagination) the differences are hardly off-putting, and I doubt I'd be bothered if I had purchased TDS DE and never had the original; it's not like they gave us a Death Magnetic anyway.

Personally, considering this has been labelled "ultimate reissue" I'm more looking forward to additional content and formats than worrying over the CD, so I shouldn't have even mentioned it.

Oh and don't forget, all you making potential track listings, we could have the "New Flesh" and "Untitled" from thingsfallingapart.com, plus the Telefon Tel Aviv remix of Even Deeper thrown in for good measure.

10/18/09 1:42 PM

All I can say is that I hope that it comes with glow-in-the-dark stickers.

10/19/09 4:43 AM

RodrigoD posted:

AND A KEYCHAIN!!

10/19/09 2:25 PM

CharmlessMan posted:
RodrigoD posted:

AND A KEYCHAIN!!

OOOOOO! Is there gonna be a hidden prize you have to stick your hand inside and search for?

10/19/09 2:37 PM

^ maybe. but if u send in 12 Proof Of Purchases you get a mini Trent Reznor squirt toy!

10/19/09 2:38 PM

seasonsinthesky posted:
seeing_red posted:
seasonsinthesky posted:
paulb09 posted:

thanks for proving it has greater headroom and is a better master? every song was louder on the original by a significant margin. i'm glad we agree!

that's actually less headroom. in fact, i'm not entirely sure you know exactly what the term means, so check it out on wikipedia!

the black is new and added by compression, the red is lost by the same compression. the end result is the louds and quiets are much closer together in volume.

in other words, less dynamic range. less headroom

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 02:40PM by seeing_red.

10/19/09 2:40 PM

I would just love a CD with a bunch of outtakes and B-sides, just like what he did with TDS. As long as they do that, i'm happy.

10/19/09 2:43 PM

CLeek posted:

When you say 'appendage' do you mean the extra footage from Closure?

Does anyone think we may get a studio version of 'Now I'm Nothing' for the sake of completion ? (or is it too old) - oh and 'the new flesh' - i love that as an opener to a gig

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 02:44PM by WorzelG.

10/19/09 4:39 PM

seeing_red posted:
if tr put the nin stamp on a turd, i would buy this turd!

Of course I would.

seeing_red posted:
the definition of trolling here is pretty much when a person disagrees so excuse me if don't take the label very seriously

my take on the difference between TDS and TDS remaster in reply to seasons is valid, and if you look at the context of the difference of opinion beforehand, chasenine is being fairly silly and i think he knows it

so lighten up

I guess I'm a bigger fan of Nine Inch Nails than you are. Look, just because you disagree doesn't mean you have to keep on saying 'chasenine is being silly' " this is the definition of a troll " """you nin junkies all suck!"""

You are obviously the thorn in the NIN JUNKHEADS sides. You can leave anytime.
Not to mention, YOU are the troll here, so as I just stated.

Your welcome to go. I'll defend my reasoning on buying ANY NIN'S STAMPED MATERIAL AT ANY TIME any day of the week, and trust me, I'm here all week.

10/19/09 4:43 PM

i said you were being silly once, and i didn't say you were trolling, or what in fact defined trolling. i was responding to leo calling me a troll. as i am now doing with you.

i'm not sure of your reading comprehension skills at this point in time.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/19/2009 04:44PM by seeing_red.

10/19/09 4:44 PM

WorzelG posted:
CLeek posted:

When you say 'appendage' do you mean the extra footage from Closure?

No he means APPENDAGE

10/19/09 4:45 PM

paulb09 posted:
Well I'm not going to argue because this isn't the place to do it, but in the scheme of things the difference between the two is fairly small, and using my ears with my system at least (which isn't insane by any stretch of imagination) the differences are hardly off-putting, and I doubt I'd be bothered if I had purchased TDS DE and never had the original; it's not like they gave us a Death Magnetic anyway.

Personally, considering this has been labelled "ultimate reissue" I'm more looking forward to additional content and formats than worrying over the CD, .....

I couldn't agree more!

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : The Fragile "Ultimate ...
Page: <  First... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16...Last >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy