nin.com news 10.23.09: "The Downward Spiral: Live at Webster Hall" fan-produced DVD

Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

10/23/09 3:45 PM

rob posted:
During the 2008 Lights In The Sky tour we began an open camera policy for stills and video during all NIN shows, inviting fans to capture the events with anything from a cell phone to a hi-def video camera. The results have been overwhelming, filling our own galleries with thousands of images and videos from every show, and inspiring a number of ambitious fansourced video projects within the NIN community. Some of those projects are starting to surface now, and we couldn't be happier with the way the fans have organized themselves and created some truly impressive work.

On the recent Wave Goodbye tour, we were unable to professionally film the band's performance of The Downward Spiral at Webster Hall, due to exorbitant fees requested by the LiveNation venue. Our open camera policy, however, remained in tact, and as soon as the show ended fans took matters into their own hands, organizing online to track down everyone who had filmed HD footage of the show. Now, only two months later, the group has released a polished, edited, downloadable DVD of the full Downward Spiral performance from Webster Hall. The entire thing has been recorded, edited, and distributed entirely by fans, and it's the latest example of the amazing things fans will do when their creativity isn't limited by outdated, misguided restrictions.

You can watch "The Downward Spiral: Live" in HD on this YouTube playlist. You can download it via torrent as a burnable DVD or an iPod/iPhone-friendly video from this page (click the question mark link on that page if you're new to downloading with torrents).

We filmed all of the other final Wave Goodbye shows professionally, and you can expect to see that footage surface in some form or another in the future. In the meantime, we appreciate the efforts of The NIN Hotline, This One Is On Us, and everyone else who helped to immortalize the Webster Hall performance.

LEO EDIT: Formatting and links

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 04:25PM by leo3375.

10/23/09 3:55 PM

Thanks to all the fans that helped with this! I have already downloaded it and I love it!

10/23/09 3:57 PM

yeah, get it. its sooooooooooooooooooooo damn good!!!

seeya

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/23/2009 03:57PM by mundschuss.

10/23/09 4:58 PM

Don't you see, Trent?

You set the benchmark for the wave of the future.

MY only negative comment is that I missed seeing you perform TDS live in LA on September 2nd, which was my 27th birthday.

Still, you inspire me.

And congrats to you and your wife!

And to the rest of the NIN team (especially the performing team and the visual team (Rob) thank you. You are all amazing!)

10/23/09 4:00 PM

thanks for all who contribute to this, an awesome memory of an awesome show now in awesome format to live forever on my HD.

I was fortunate enough to be there myself but I'm not much of a video guy, here is what I have to offer from that show.

[www.flickr.com]

10/23/09 4:04 PM

ninforum posted:
rob posted:
We filmed all of the other final Wave Goodbye shows professionally, and you can expect to see that footage surface in some form or another in the future.

smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley

Thank you so much, TOIOU! A fan couldn't ask for more. And it really shows that the NIN community has amazing, talented people out there.

Fawaz posted:
ninforum posted:
rob posted:
We filmed all of the other final Wave Goodbye shows professionally, and you can expect to see that footage surface in some form or another in the future.

I also can't wait to see this, Rob!

10/23/09 4:08 PM

Fawaz posted:
ninforum posted:
rob posted:

smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley smiling bouncing smiley times a million.

Hopefully it is in DVD format available at a store lol, a kid can dream tongue sticking out smiley

10/23/09 3:54 PM

Can't wait to check it out

10/23/09 4:16 PM

This is awesome. Thanks to everyone involved.

One question, though- the open camera policy enabled high-definition video, but how did we get the audio?

10/23/09 4:21 PM

NIN fans are the best!!!! NIN community has amazing and talented people smiling smiley Thank TOIOU & The NIN Hotline! the finger smiley

10/23/09 5:26 PM

Links have been added to the first post for clarification.

10/23/09 5:33 PM

alittlenoise posted:
This is awesome. Thanks to everyone involved.

One question, though- the open camera policy enabled high-definition video, but how did we get the audio?
Same way we've always been able to get audio quality really. The audio tapers out there seem to know their equipment really well, and are able to get the best out of the situation, and the audio mixer is really good at optimising those recordings.

10/23/09 4:35 PM

yuyo posted:
NIN fans are the best!!!! NIN community has amazing and talented people smiling smiley Thank TOIOU & The NIN Hotline! the finger smiley

This can not be emphasized enough!

Kudos to all those involved...the quality and expediency on this project was amazing!

10/23/09 4:49 PM

wow so fucking cool, the image with the post is from my footage smiling smiley

10/23/09 4:49 PM

Thanks to Rob and NIN for getting behind this... I (as probably everyone else involved) am overwhelmed!!!

10/23/09 4:56 PM

wow this is wonderful! thank you so much to everyone involved in putting it together!!

10/23/09 5:59 PM

I forgot how much I enjoyed Webster! I was so pumped when that show ended!! Soaked to the bone and happy as hell!! grinning smiley

Thanks everyone who contributed, it was great to see it and relive it again!

rob posted:
We filmed all of the other final Wave Goodbye shows professionally, and you can expect to see that footage surface in some form or another in the future..
I can't wait! The shows were absolutely amazing!! smiling bouncing smiley

10/23/09 5:00 PM

Thank you to all involved! Amazing!

10/23/09 5:06 PM

Watching it now. It's terrific and I can't thank those involved enough. Nice work!

10/23/09 5:12 PM

Yay!!! I was unable to attend because I love Nine Inch Nails but it is not a 500 dollar kind of love. So cool for posting this.

10/23/09 6:15 PM

Loved this show...lucky to have been there...so happy this live footage was put together so I can experience it again, smiling smiley

10/23/09 5:20 PM

Christmas came early!

10/23/09 5:21 PM

sweeeeet....

10/23/09 5:41 PM

Ash512 posted:
Thanks to Rob and NIN for getting behind this... I (as probably everyone else involved) am overwhelmed!!!

You and everyone else involved have done and are doing something truly great that will be appreciated and admired by old and new fans. Not just of NIN, but of other bands too. 15 years ago, when people were selling bootleg copies of concerts, no one would have seen something like this happen.

Thank you so much for making something great (especially with the varied degrees of footage you had to work with), and know that we REALLY appreciate it. Not just those of us that were there. (although my wife and I have an amazing keepsake of that show now).

Cheers,

J

10/23/09 5:41 PM

I look forward to watching this in its entirety on a big screen. Thanks to everyone who put in all the long, tedious hours that these kinds of editing-intensive projects involve. Much appreciation for your dedication! thumbs up

10/23/09 5:52 PM

Thank you.

Just thank you.

That's all I can think to say. Even beyond the technical aspects of this (and other fan-based projects), thank you to all involved for the extreme generosity in making this available to literally thousands of total strangers, for the low, low cost of $0.

And, it looks amazing smiling bouncing smiley !!!

10/23/09 6:12 PM

Downloading, downloading! smiling smiley
Your camera policy was deeeeeeeeee best! Thanks all! grinning smiley

10/23/09 6:14 PM

it's incredible what people can do, thaks to all the fans for having done what they did

nin forums : Nine Inch Nails Discussion : nin.com news 10.23.09: &quo...
Page:  1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum. Please log in at the top of the page.

terms of use | privacy policy